All reviews air conditioning the cottages swimming pool place to stay philippines island annie
Reviewed January 16, 2016

This is a great place to come to if you want some good food. We used it as a restaurant but it is fairly obvious that it would be a good place to stay too, with nice rooms and a swimming pool to cool off in. The food alone is worth 4 stars.

Stayed: December 2015
3  Thank David R
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

My friends and I went to Camiguin last weekend and since all of us enjoy swimming and appreciating the wonderful view then we decided to stay in this place. It is a bit far from the airport (around 20 to 30 min.) But near to most attractions in Camiguin. It was not a big deal for our group since we rented a motorilla for our convenience. The room that we chose was the pool side so of course we didn't regret about it since we enjoyed it and it was quite peaceful. The foods there were yummy especially their American Breakfast. The owners and the staff were really kind. They gave us a lot of lanzones and pieces of advice to make our trip worthwhile. Originally, we planned to go to Misamis dor more adventures but time didn't permit us so we decided to extend our stay in D&A Cottages and they gave us discounted rate in the same room. Yes, their amenities won't be near to perfection but their treatment to their guests make them great. Thank you very much for making us satisfied and comfortable with our stay in your abode.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Geraldine C
Reviewed October 20, 2015

the place makes you feel at home, the food were of big proportion compared to other resto. It's amazing to swim in the pool which changes color from time to time! They have friendly staff and accommodating driver who can give you a good tour around the island

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ditas A
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We arrived after reading some reviews and had booked 3 nights.

The room was extremely tiny as was bathroom. Very noisy as directly in front of the rooms people are passing on way to fish pier. There is really no where to sit with any kind of a view close to the room. Amazingly the screens over the windows would only keep out large flys, Moises go straight through.

The pool and surroundings are excellent, the restaurant is nice but food average.

For value there is far better in Yumbing by far, We stayed one night reluctantly.

Room Tip: If staying here you need rental bike
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Having stayed in a number of small provincial hotels in the Philippines I think this is one of the best I have found. The hotel is somewhat remote a few kilometres outside of Catarman and is situated next to Catarman Municipal Fish Port. A number of the rooms are situated on a steep slope down to the water giving a good view of the port. From the bottom of the resort there is a small bridge to the port where you can enjoy the sunsets and watch the night fishermen. There is no beach, but I did see people snorkelling in the harbour and sea.

Airport transfers were available. Multicabs good for 6 to 8 persons are available for 1500 up to 1700 for an all day round the island tour. Amble up to the main road to catch a trike into Catarman for a few pesos. Jeepneys also pass along the main road so it is possible to manage without your own transport.

At the top, by the main entrance, is the reception/restaurant and swimming pool. The pool was very clean and nice to swim in. The main pool is quite deep, with two small shallow pools for kids.

The staff were wonderful and I was told they are all relatives of the owner, Anne. I thought the restaurant was great value with no attempt made to raise prices to take advantage of the lack of local competition. I am allergic to cow’s milk and its products. It is typical of the interest shown in the welfare of the guests that Anne went out of her way to get a loaf of bread without milk in it. As I have previously discovered, it is not easy to get milk free bread in the Philippines.

I stayed in 2nd Cottage. A bedroom with an alcove containing a fridge, kettle, coffee etc. and sink. There was also a CR with shower, loo and basin. The bed was firm, which I like, though it was only a small 4ft double which might be a tight fit for some. I have no idea if this size bed is typical of the other rooms and it might be worth enquiring if you think it a bit small. The resort has its own website with contact details. The room had aircon, but this was not needed with the breeze off the sea keeping the room cool. A fan would have been nice and Dave, Anne’s other half, said this was on the to do list.

You are left in peace whilst you are there and if you need your room refreshed you just ask.

There is free wifi available, though to get a decent signal you need to sit by the pool. The mobile phone signal was excellent.

The cottages on the side of the hill would not be suitable for the infirm because of the number of steps. There are other rooms/cottages at the top that might be suitable, best enquire.

If/when I return to Camiguin I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms vary, drop an email to Dave and Anne with your needs. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple