All reviews car park city centre good size shower tray blackout curtains railway station bars and restaurants modern hotel within easy walking distance air con main road budget hotel bar prices comfortable bed nice breakfast buffet breakfast walk in shower
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Booked a two night stay with my wife at the Park Inn Peterborough, a pleasant town where East Europeans and Brexiteers rub along together. Given keys to Room 123. Opened the door to find the room occupied, fortunately no sign of the occupants but all their belongings were in place.
Returned to reception and explained that when I booked I was expecting a room for just the two of us and did not expect to have to share with other random people.
The receptionist said she did not understand, not clear if she meant me or the fact that we’d been given the key card to an occupied room. I wonder if perhaps she had misinterpreted my wearing of shorts as perhaps some kind of swinging attire, I really wouldn’t know, honest!
Given the card to room 425 which despite, the dirty crockery [two pint glasses, cup and plate] outside the door, was unoccupied. I kept the chain on the door all the time we were there just in case some random guests were sent up to share with us.
The room was large as was the bed, but it would stretch the imagination to believe that four people could comfortably stay. Also there was only one television and my wife will not miss her “Coronation Street” for anything. Nor were there enough cups for tea and coffee or enough towels for four people.
Room and hotel fine for the money but I couldn’t help thinking about what if the occupants had been inside the room in flagrante, I could have got thumped! Another scenario that sprang to mind was discovering a latter day Madeline McCann left to look after her younger siblings whilst mummy and daddy enjoyed lunch in the restaurant downstairs!!
I forgot to ask if we could have had a partial refund for sharing.
Interesting but with the potential for disaster.

1  Thank andrew k
Micheal L, Operations Manger at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your review from your stay with us. I am sorry that there was issues with your stay and that there was an error from the staff at the desk. I do appreciate the feedback and will use this with the teams to work on continually improving the product and service that can be delivered effectively. I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Once again, I do apologise and thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Stayed here whilst on a course for work, first couple of nights were chaos due to staffing issues but these were addressed once the manager came back from his holidays and things improved tenfold.

Breakfast was decent with plenty of choice (other than the reconstituted scrambled eggs that should be consigned to the bin) and out of the evening meals I had, the steak & onion baguette and nachos stood out for me. The beer was overpriced but that wasn't the fault of the staff who did their hardest to feed and water two large groups from different companies there at the same time.

What I would suggest is that if you stay here as part of one of the two companies using the hotel at the moment is that unless you like the mealtimes being fixed (and somewhat late in our particular case) don't bother ordering in advance through your company and just order it on your return to the hotel for the evening direct at the desk. That means you will get your food at a sensible time not at 8pm as was the case with us.

I would give this 3 and a half green blobs if I could as I would rate this hotel as above average but below very good, you will need to take out a second mortgage if you intend on sitting in the bar for the evening at £4.60 a pint and having two single beds pushed together to make a king size isn't ideal as I kept waking up wedged between the two halves like some sort of duvet wrapped sandwich filling. On a plus note, the showers were excellent and the toilet roll was possibly the most luxurious Ive seen in a hotel.

The staff are very accommodating and did their best for us even though they were rushed off their feet the first couple of days, with Michael, Maria, Dania and Ruth all going out of their way to make sure us guests were happy.

Room Tip: can be noisy with windows open at front of hotel as road can be busy, you can also hear beardy bransons trains tooting.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank dexter_the_cat
Micheal L, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. I am sorry for the issues encountered at the start, but glad to get those sorted for you and the group. I do appreciate the feedback and will work with the team here to ensure consistency and hopefully, when you do return, we will be able to make that stay a 5 star one. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Micheal L, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Reviewed July 19, 2016

This is a modern hotel in Peterborough, ideally situated for the shops and cathedral. The bedrooms and bathrooms are a good size with a very comfortable bed. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and check in took less than a minute. The hotel was spotless and well presented. If in Peterborough again we shall certainly stay at the Park Inn.

1  Thank PeterM3039

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us here in Peterborough. I am really glad that you have enjoyed your stay, and that the team were on hand to ensure a pleasant stay. We do hope that we will welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

As part of a National Holidays break we spent the night in the Park Inn and I can only hope that future National Holidays groups have better service than we received.
The customer services were exceptionally poor, reception staff frosty, dining room staff rude and unsympathetic and the bar staff totally disorganised.
The rooms may be modern in style but ours had a strong musty smell, the bathroom a bad "drain" odour, the air con unbelievably noisy, two empty beer cans just under the bed, one bath towel for two people and no pillows in the room.
The evening meal was a pitiful disorganised disaster. The set menu was badly presented, cold, undercooked and therefore inedible. It was disturbing to see the amount of food that was being sent back to the kitchen and the number of complaints made to the waiters from our tour group.
The bar could not cope with the volume of people in the hotel it was disorganised, chaotic and expensive.
If as an independent traveller I find myself in Peterborough this hotel will not be the one of choice.

2  Thank MFBR20615
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Thank you for writing your review. We apologize for the disappointing service you received throughout your stay, as well as your dissatisfaction with your room and evening dining experience. We value your feedback and have shared your comments with hotel management to continually improve our service and guest experience.