All reviews galleried restaurant dick turpin bar bistro four poster sunday lunch great north road beef pate cheese board wedding venue two courses wedding reception garden room staff were attentive main building lovely atmosphere parsnips
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Booked Sunday lunch for 11 people in their Bistro restaurant. The level of service was excellent, staff very friendly and attentive throughout. The food was superb with a good selection to chose from. We will definitely go back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
toptable10, General Manager at Bell Inn Stilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Jo , I am delighted you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch with us. The food always looks amazing on Sundays and it is great that all roasts now come with garlic ! I look forward to your return and would like to thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor .

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We were on our way from Ipswich to Manchester and decided to break our journey with an overnight stay at the Bell Inn. It is ideally positioned, about a 5 minute drive from the A1(M). There is ample parking outside the hotel on the main, very quiet, street and also in the hotel's own car park at the rear.
Our room was small but very comfortable.
Sitting down with a pint of the local brew in the buzzy bar downstairs (my wife had a well chilled Chablis to keep me company) we ordered our Dinner, served in the bistro.
The food was great, reasonably priced and service was informal, efficient and friendly, just the way we like it!
Breakfast is ordered from a varied menu, cooked to order, and very fresh. We left to continue our trip refreshed after a great night's sleep and an unexpectedly enjoyable overnight stay. We will certainly stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us , I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in Stilton . Stilton it seems has been a convenient stopping point for hundreds of years and it is a tradition and hope we can keep up for another hundred years !
We aim to please with a good selection of local Ales and some quality [less local ] Wines .We are incredibly proud of our reputation for good food and friendly service at Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner time .I hope to see you again on your next visit .

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Just off the A1, Tucked away in the small village of Stilton, The Bell Inn beams top class restaurant quality, whilst keeping the cosy,comfort of a bistro, making you feel like your sat in your favourite cosy-log fire lit room.

The bistro is quirky, pretty and lit by candles with ab open fire. As I sit here drinking the exceptional Malbec wine contemplating what to eat from the lovely and varied menu. Steak, venison, roast cod and more, with a vaired specials board that made my mouth water.

Opting for the mixed grill “with roast mushroom, slow cooked tomato and blue cheese sauce” I sat there at my table staring in to the flickering fire and contemplated what my plate may consist off.

The meat was excellent, a really good mixed grill, my eyes lit up as the plate was presnted to me by the very attentative staff. Perfectly cooked steak, sausage, gammon, kidney, liver and eggs. Perfect

On th whole it’s bloody lovely and I was suprised how quiet the hotel side of the business was, the room was warm and cosy. Given the opportunity I would stay again and again and again and again an............

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Robbie J
toptable10, General Manager at Bell Inn Stilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your visit on TripAdvisor. It certainly sounds like you were spoiled for choice. The mixed grill is always popular and is never on the specials board for very long before we sell out.

I hope that you come back and see us again and again.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant. I believe there are various options here but we booked the upstairs restaurant. It was lovely. We sat at a nicely prepared table next to the open fire.

Service was excellent from the moment we entered and were made to feel very welcome. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble when it came to our order or requests.

Food was awesome and I have to say the presentation was beautiful.

If you want a lovely setting in a building full of character along with great food, this is a must!!

Highly recommended

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our Galleried Restaurant. As you point out we also have a Bar Area and Bistro downstairs which also serves amazing food.

Good food and friendly service are I feel a winning combination.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bell soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

The Bell Inn in Stilton is an old coaching inn, the surroundings are amazing and the food is wonderful, we had Sunday lunch there and cannot praise it enough. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Lovely hotel in a lovely village.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Pam,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch with us. The Chefs and the front of house team work really hard to make sure is just right hence the Yorkshires with all the meats and extra gravy on the side.

Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back to the village in the near future.