All reviews thorpe wood executive room steam room reception staff leisure facilities christmas party good nights sleep city centre buffet style course meal breakfast was excellent hot food stayed for one night car park wedding reception gym ihg
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Stayed weekend while visiting family. Friendly and helpful staff throughout our stay. Comfortable room, choice of pillows, small but clean pool and gym. Breakfast buffet was particularly good from the freshly cut fruit and fresh fruit salad to the hot ‘full English’ buffet, cereals crusty bread and toast, Danish pastries meats and cheese etc. Could not find fault here at all. Shame about the bedtime fire alarm..... but handled quite well on thankfully a nice warm evening. Easy check in and out. The only fault I noticed was a some black on the grouting in the bathroom!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2018

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Thorpe Wood for two nights because I was having a minor hospital procedure at the Fitzwilliam nearby, I discussed this with the staff, and they were happy to help with any care I required, although I am pleased to say that I did not need anything special. They did enquire after my health on my return.

It was a stinking hot weekend, and the passage leading to my room must have been about 40C degrees in the sunshine, but the air conditioning in my room was excellent, even though the control said it was not an air conditioner!

The room was large, well equpiied and clean. The free WiFi worked excellently. My only complaint is that I could feel the ridge between the two single mattresses, but this did not matter as I was alone.

While I am complaining, the only thing wrong with the breakfast buffet is that the bacon was floating in a pool of fat. Otherwise, I had two excellent meals: Fish and Chips with mushy peas; and Goan chicken Curry and Rice.

Now that so many Premier Inns charge as much as Holiday Inn, I really appreciated the extra luxury that was so apparent at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Plenty of parking for many coaches, nice welcome from reception. Had a buffett dinner which was ok, decided to use the spa area as i was with a colleage, all nice and clean, but the jucuzzi was full the whole time with others. A note about the receptionist Shannon, i think she was astounding and fabulous in a vwry polite and proffessional way, A special thank you to her, you do your hotel proud.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Lovely room , very nice food and great staff . Especially the Lady in charge of the dining room . We arrived with a coach party and despite time gettng on , nothing was too much trouble for this Lovely lady and her team . ( Stayed Sat. 7th June ) . The same lovely lady was also there at breakfast and again we were all well taken care of .. Thank You x

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Basic rooms, clean and functional, slept very well. Nice toiletries and tea and coffee provided. The breakfast was amazing and we also ate in restaurant in the evening which was also good. They also have a gym but we did not have time to try. The staff here are really great, very welcoming and engaging. Great hotel for a short stay and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple