All reviews ramblewood inn the pub lovely grounds steam room lovely hotel four poster bed large room nene park beautiful building no lift reception area good size hotel restaurant evening meal booked this hotel reception staff wedding breakfast
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my partner . For £80 per night I thought the price was very reasonable.
The room 106 was large with a huge king size bed. Bathroom and decor a little dated but everything else was ok .
I have given it 3 stars as unfortunately the reception staff let it down . I found them to be very rude and unhelpful . Not a good first impression of the hotel . This needs to be addressed .
On a more positive note we had an excellent Al la carte meal in the restaurant of the hotel . Beautiful dining room and excellent waiting staff . A young gentleman and a Middle Aged lady . Both exceptional , very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The food was cooked very well and we really enjoyed our meal.
Perhaps the reception staff should watch and learn from the restaurant staff ??
All in all for the money it was ok but reception team really need to learn about good customer service

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank X27ems
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

We booked a four poster bedroom. The hotel and grounds are beautiful.
Reception staff were uninterested and unhelpful.
There was a lovely set of tea and biscuits waiting for us when we finally got in. (After following wrong directions given by reception staff)
The shower curtain and tiles were dirty, it doesn't take much to spray a bit of mould spray and put a curtain through the wash so seemed a bit lazy.
We requested a newspaper that wasn't delivered. Called them and they said it hadn't been delivered so promised a different paper. None arrived, called them again, promised again paper would come... By check out nothing had arrived so we checked out.
The spa facilities are wonderful, and staff within the spa so accommodating and friendly- complete opposite of reception staff.
Hotel is so nice, could be an amazing place with the right people. I would go again as it was very cheap, bedroom and spa were lovely -just don't expect any service from reception.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Great building, nice big rooms, lovely grounds, clean and well maintained.
However the staff need to go on a hospitality course.
I asked if it was possible to get into the fitness room before 7:00 am as I had a full day on and was informed that we would have to wait for the maintenance person to open up.
Having waited around for 15 minutes the maintenance man showed up and started to open the doors at 6:35 am the reception lady pointed out that I would like to use the treadmill.
The maintenance man didn't even give me the courtesy of eye contact it was a gruff "no!" "opens at 7" and disappeared into the Spa.
What brilliant customer service...Not.
The fun continues, the day after, on arriving in London I checked to find my business pants where not in my case.
Thinking back I recalled hanging them in the closet at Orton Hall so I rang to check.
The reception advised they would ask housekeeping to check and ring me back.
Obviously it was not an urgent matter to them.
They did however ring me back to advise they had checked and they were not there.
During the morning I racked my brains and was certain I had left them in the closet in Orton Hall.
This was now a crusade for me.
I rang back and stated adamantly that they were left in the room.
I would hang on while they re-checked.
This time they came back and said oh yes they were there.
I was certain that asking them to post them on would be such a overwhelming task for this team I decided to drive back up to Peterborough and retrieve them.

The staff at this hotel need to learn more about hospitality and how to go the extra mile.
Some of them at least have a problem going the extra millimetre.
Nice surroundings alone do not make a good hotel.
Staff need the right attitude.
Won't be returning.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2016

I stayed here with my husband for my birthday treat. We had excellent service in the Hotel. Our room was amazing with a fantastic four poster bed. A good meal in the pub and a lovely time in the SPA with a massage each. a great stay all round. Thank you.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the top floor but the stairs are quite a climb!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Was a very nice hotel the room was nice and good level of cleanliness. We didn't use the restaurant so don't know about the food standards. Only bad thing was there said they had travel cots but on arrival all available ones were out and the other were broken.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family