All reviews train station car park attendant directly opposite the station victorian hotel travelling by train peterborough station no lift shopping centre bridal suite trouser press few minutes walk garden room large bathroom sunday lunch superior room business meeting wedding venue
Reviewed December 8, 2015

Yesterday 7th December I held a railway reunion Christmas lunch for 30 people. The venue was ideally situated, the staff very polite and efficient, and 3 course Christmas dinner was the probably the best I've had out for a long while. Lizzie and her staff made us welcome and looked after us so well. We enjoyed the whole experience so much, that I have provisionally booked it for next December. The Bar has a good selection of beers, wines and spirits and friendly staff. Well worth a visit

1  Thank pete w
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Pete

It was a pleasure to have yourself and your colleagues have your railway reunion lunch with us, rather fitting as we are one of the original railway hotels.
Lizzie and the team will certainly be commended by myself for making sure this special lunch gathering went so well, and we welcome you all back next year for your next reunion.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Reviewed December 6, 2015

The GN was the location of our daughter's wedding. Each room we used was lovely, the food was superb, the staff were all brilliant, courteous, helpful, friendly and professional and couldn't have done more to make such a special event more memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms of equal standard

Joyc150

Thank you for your review. Zsofia and Lizzie try to make sure that every detail of the special day is taken care of, and as they have only taken over recently it is even more pleasing that the day went great.
As a team we are aware that we only have one chance to get this right and make sure the memories of the day for all concerned are good ones.
I do hope that we will see you again at the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2015

I would like to say how well we were looked after today at the GN Hotel at Peterborough.
My party of 18 retired railwaymen have had our Christmas lunch here for the last three years. All have been very good but today's was excellent and this was endorsed by all 18 of us.. Particular thanks go to the team of Neil, Kirsty and Said who looked after us. The service was slick, the food perfectly cooked, and hot.
All one could ask really.
We will be back on the equivalent Wednesday in 2016.

Ian O

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your lunch with us and that you will be joining us again next year. It is so nice to keep the railway links, in whatever shape or form, and here is hoping that we have many more enjoyable functions together.

Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

Stayed overnight in November. Huge bed (superking?), huge bathroom, lovely rainfall shower. TV a little fiddly, and not great light at the desk, but was able to work. Breakfast was beautiful (cooked to order, so allow a little extra time) and the location is great. There's a Waitrose next door which is very handy. Had room service, food very good.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Debbie E

thank you for your lovely review..your comments are much appreciated and will be greatly received by the staff.
I have taken note of your comments regarding the TV and as we have done a lot of refurbishment in the last 18 months, this is on my list to be completed as soon as possible.
Regards

Reviewed December 1, 2015 via mobile

Travelling regularly through Peterborough, I cannot speak highly enough of the service in the Great Northern Hotel Car Park. Having previously parked in the station car park I would now never consider parking anywhere but the Great Northern Hotel, purely due to the fantastic, friendly and flexible service. Friends have also commented on this and I am sure revenue must be up. I hope this is shared with the car park attendant, who maximises the constraints of limited space and always helps the day start on a positive and friendly note. I work in a customer service environment and he displays every attribute of someone you would want on your team. He deserves a medal! Thank you.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Roger F

Roger F

Thank you for your comments. We are aware that Ayhan is a valuable member of our team, and is a shining beacon of how customer service should be.
He will be so pleased that you have taken the time to mention him and we will certainly let him know.