“Rubbish don't go there!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
The Azalea Court Hotel
Ranked #88 of 99 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Caldicot, United Kingdom
“Rubbish don't go there!”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Dirty, poorly maintained worst place I've stayed in. Not even good for being cheap.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nick r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Reasons why you should not stay here:

1- You are greeted by an awful smell
2- No-one to greet you on arrival, just a telephone with directions to speak with someone.
That someone has trouble understanding you and vice versa.
3- When they say someone will be with you soon, expect to be waiting a while!
4- When shown into our room it was small, damp, mouldy and the bathroom was a
disgrace.
5- We were in a rush to go out so we quickly changed and got out of there.
6- On returning back the fire panel was going off. I rang reception and informed them, i also asked to change rooms. I had to ring twice.
7- The room we were placed in was much bigger and no mould, but the window would not shut and it was freezing all night long.
8- The window next to the broken one had a large crack down the pane
9- It was very very very noisey and we had a disturbed sleep.
10- TV signal poor
11- Breakfast was in the cellar which also had a nasty smell to it, it was quite cold down there and the breakfast was not up to much. Service was nice tho.
12- £65.00 a night, what an utter sham. The owners should read these reviews and try to improve the quality of paying guests stay.
13- needs updating badly!!!!!!

Room Tip: Come out of the Azalea and go opposite to the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Harrogate hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed over for the Julian Cope Gig. The worst Hotel I have EVER stayed in. Dirty, smelly. I slept with a T shirt over my pillow as I didn't want to touch it. I couldn't shower in the morning as the shower was just a dribble of water. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Midlands
Reviewed 24 July 2011

No one to greet on arrival just telephone with written instruction to press button A, this was answered by woman who spoke very little English and key left at side of telephone. Dirty entrance and musty/ damp/ dirty smell. Cramp bedroom, dirty floors and furniture. Dirty bathroom, bath and sink needed cleaning and back of bathroom door really filthy. Broken hook in bathroom which was dangerous, no hot water when arrived, next morning water scalding hot and impossible to adjust shower to get a constant temperature, broken toilet seat and no toilet paper or soap on arrival, toilet did not flush properly. Window not secure, television not working, no Wifi. Breakfast served in basement with water dripping through electrics in ceiling.

Room Tip: Keep out - Do not stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My company booked this hotel for me and i have to say after reading the reviews on here i was rather concerned, but thought it could not be as bad - but it definately was!

I was checked in on the Saturday night into room D, on the ground floor and have to say the room was ok, a new en suite bathroom and it was clean. The only complaint I had, was that i seemed to be the only person in the hotel not complaining - however, every one else was outside my room and i could hear every word.

That evening I went out for dinner with colleagues, i had a missed call at about 8.30pm, i rang back within 5 minutes, but go no response so thought nothing of it. When i got back to the hotel, there was a sign on my door saying i had been booked into a single room, not a double and that they had entered my room, removed my luggage and put it in room 7!! I got to the room which had not been locked, and my belongings (which had been fully unpacked) had been thrown in - my £300 glasses had been thrown in the bottom of my bag not even put in the case. I was utterly disgusted that someone had moved my belongings - surely this is illegal!! The worst part was that my underwear which i had unpacked into the bedside table had been left in the room.

I went downstairs and the owner was there, i explained how unhappy i was about my belongings being moved, she said they had put me in the wrong room and i should have told her i was booked into a single room, insinuating i was at fault. After a rather fraught discussion, she walked out and left me without some of my belongings!

Room 7 was more a cupboard, definately not legal to advertise as a hotel room - i have added photos but there was a shower within the room, a sink, and then a toilet in a wardrobe. I did not sleep all night, i could hear every person passing on the street and at 3am someone even tried my door handle! I have never been so uncomfortable or felt so unsafe in a hotel.

Breakfast was ok, but the room was very very damp, it seems like a chance for all the guests to share the horrendous experiences they have had in the hotel.

I am no snob, and often stay in budget hotels on business but please do not book this place - it is more like a damp hostel - the owner owns 6 hotels in Harrogate and seems to decide on arrival which to put you on depending on the where rooms are flooded / vacant! I know her hotels in Harrogate include: -

- Azalea Court
- The Gables
- Ashley House Hotel

AVOID AVOID AVOID booking all these hotels as they will put you in any - they should be shut down!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank jecca88
N. Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2011

With a gung Ho attitude I booked this hotel, fully aware of the scathing reviews and to be honest, that's the best thing to do. I arrived early on the day of my booking (before 9am) but was allowed into my room to leave my bag while it was cleaned. I dodged the red satin sheets and received cotton which was great. My shower worked and had hot water, the breakfast selection and service was good, the staff were pleasant, helpful and polite. Really, the only thing wrong with this place is that it needs to be completely upgraded; but then it wouldn't be such a great value base? I could walk across the road and straight into the exhibition centre through door Q.

• Stayed July 2011
Glasgow
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We were also going to Jools Holland gig, this was only room available due to huge trade fair at same time. Hotel wasn't clean, had no staff, our bathroom was a cupboard with a folding door and there was a bullet hole in the window of our room. £85 - I think not. Couple checking out same time as us were refusing to pay. Yuk.

• Stayed July 2011