All reviews touring caravan rudding park reception staff lodge luxury hardstanding facilities spa
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family , dog and I have just enjoyed a 2 night break in a waterfront holiday Lodge at Rudding park.
As expected from anything with the Rudding badge..it was excellent.
The lodge was clean, warm, well equipped and the location was fantastic in the manicured and peaceful rudding grounds.
A huge well done to all the staff at the holiday park for the high level of upkeep and not forgetting Toni fernandes and his reception staff for a great welcome.

Room tip: Just speak to reservations and explain what you would like
Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank Gilesmiddlewich
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have stayed at Rudding Park for the past three years now, in a self catering chalet, namely "Owl Lodge".
Although not the cheapest of places to stay (similar rates to Centre Parcs) the children love it and so i save hard all year so we can afford to go.
This year when i enquired about rate for next year so that i could factor it into my budget i was told that the exact same holiday is £300.00 cheaper next year because they are bringing their prices in line with the other holiday parks in the area.
I feel that as a returning customer i have been ripped off for the last three years, i have queried this with Rudding Park and by way of admission that my feelings are correct they offered me a complimentary meal in The Clocktower Restaurant, which would i guess total around £150.00.
Whilst i appreciate the gesture i explained that this would be too formal for myself and the children and asked could the same amount be deducted from rthe cost of next years holiday- the answer is no.....which leads to my next question, ...are the prices massively over charged in the restaurant as well as the self catering accomaodation??

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Julie B
RuddingPark, Manager at Self Catering Breaks at Rudding Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with the Trip Advisor community.

I will respond to your review in the same tone in which you have addressed us in three handwritten letters, which we have responded to.

Your issue is that you have booked next years stay at a rate £300 cheaper than you paid this year. As I have explained to you on two separate occasions, when you book a holiday with us further in advance you receive a cheaper rate. Your holiday this year was booked in February (five months before you arrived) and as such you paid £800, your holiday for next year was booked in August (eleven months before you arrive), the price was therefore £500. This is exactly the same principal as advance purchase train tickets, airline seats or overseas holidays and is a widely accepted and understood pricing structure in Britain today.

We have therefore offered you a £300 discount on your next years’ holiday, and I am at a loss why you do not accept this cheaper rate. We also offered you a complimentary meal for you and your children in our Clocktower restaurant as a gesture of goodwill. You refused this.

During our correspondence over the past two months you threatened to “post a negative review on Trip Advisor” if we did not send you a cheque for the difference immediately. I do not believe that this site was designed to coerce businesses, and think that actions such as yours damage the good name of the vast majority of the Trip Advisor community. We have requested that your review be removed, and Trip Advisor are considering this. If they require copies of the correspondence we would be more than happy to provide these.

In order to demonstrate that we are not partaking in petty actions, the £300 discount on your 2013 holiday is still applicable and our further offer of a complimentary meal still stands. We do hope that despite our exchange in correspondence, you will be staying with us at Rudding Park in 2013.

With kind regards

Peter Banks
Managing Director

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have just stayed at Rudding park holiday park in one of there fantastic lodges to finish off our summer holiday and had such a lovely and relaxing break. The park is so peaceful and clean, and the staff were very welcoming and always there to answer any questions about the area. Harrogate is just on your doorstop which was perfect for any retail therapy and restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen E
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed hear the week before Christmas (did the same last year but at New Year) the setting is lovely but ...
Surprised that cottage although welcoming and warm had not had anything done to it in a year. The bathroom showed damp on the ceiling and needed repainting, the carpet in the dining room was very stained and not at all clean and overall the place looked very 'tired' How about a mat or solid floor in the dining room by the front door? The washing machine did not work and although someone came to look at it we never saw them again. There were light bulbs missing under the kitchen cupboards which I nearly stuck my fingers in when looking for the switch to turn them on. The radiator in the main bedroom needed bleeding and remained cold through out the week. The boiler was incredibly noisy in the main bedroom and kept us awake at night. We had to unblock the drain from the kitchen sink out in the yard and there was a box of old soggy newspaper by the back door - a recycling bin perhaps?
No recycling facilities!! Take a look at Whalesborough Farm cottages in Cornwall - that's how to run holiday cottages!
What about a christmas tree in the house? and some kindling wood?
Overall not as good as last year.
Next year we might try somewhere else.
Lucy Nelson

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I booked two nights away at the campsite here as a treat for my little lad who had been wanting to spend tme away in the tent.
Apparently due to the site being busy I was going to be charged the weekend rate for both a Thursday and a Friday night stay. It was not busy at all!!
At the time of booking, nowhere on the website did it say that an additional charge was made to use the outside pool, the first I saw of this was on the booking confirmation after I had paid for the trip. I bought this up at reception and was brushed off with a poor attitude.
On the plus side, the whole place was very clean especially the shower / toilet blocks. The pub / resturaunt was fabulous, good food, real beer, friendly staff and kids play area.
Just the price and hidden charges left me feeling hugely disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2011