“Interesting decor, lovely food vegan and vegetarian friendly.”
Review of Terroir Bistro

Terroir Bistro
Ranked #21 of 672 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$32 - US$58
Description: Terroir Bistro is an informal local little bistro in Derby city centre. We are proud to be voted Restaurant of the Year 2017, but don't assume we are stuffy or offer 'fine dining' because we don't. With just 28 covers it's an informal place you are bound to make new friends. The vision behind the bistro is the culmination of over a decade of my work promoting and growing and rearing local food and is an antidote to soulless restaurant chains and factory farmed livestock. We serve British and European influenced dishes created from fresh local ingredients which are all sourced from my own smallholding or grown for us by our fantastic Derbyshire smallholders and farmers. I hope you enjoy your visit to my home.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our return visit to Terroir Bistro was every bit as good as last time. We went with some very dear friends from Japan and there was definitely clean plates all round.
The decoration of the bistro was fun and a little quirky. It’s good to find unusual interiors. The front staff of one was very attentive although the bistro was quite full, she was always there when needed and not when she wasn’t. A very welcoming atmosphere and ideal too when a lot of chat was going on.
The menu was not vast but there was something for all including my veganish diet. My husband and son had sausages which he is often disappointed with but not this time, an all time favourite came in 10 out of 10. All in all it was a lovely eating experience with 5 s on every front.

1  Thank Rosey B

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Met for a drink and dropped in on spec after browsing the web for local eateries.
What a delight! Abby was friendly and provided good service.
The food was superb - my black pudding starter was excellent and my duck main tasted delicious; finished with a stunning cheese board.
Interesting wine selection, lovely malt and some good gins.
We had a great evening.

1  Thank Big_Simone
Reviewed September 3, 2018

From the moment we entered Terroir Bistro our impression was very positive, the bistro had a special ambience and we were warmly welcomed. The service was both attentive and friendly, and our food was delicious, hearty and of generous portions. For entrée I chose soup, which was a delicious smooth carrot and walnut potage, my partner enjoyed 'man food' of black pudding with fried egg on toast. For mains, we both selected the guinea fowl, which was perfectly cooked, and served with mashed potatoes, fine green beans and a wonderfully rich and tasty wild mushroom and truffle cream sauce. Our wines were good and were not overly priced. Rather than feel over full we chose to not eat pudding. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals and will certainly return to eat at Terroir bistro again

1  Thank fluffyhedgeh0g
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We arrived and immediately felt excited. The restaurant is lovely. The service was excellent, friendly yet not intrusive. The food was all delicious. We had mushrooms on toast and mackerel pate to start followed by the pork belly. We then had lemon posset and chocolate orange bread and butter pudding with a double espresso to finish, all washed down with a nice bottle of red. We would definitely go back and feel happy to recommend here to our friends and family. Thank you for a lovely meal.

1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Quirky venue, nicely situated for Derby city centre, beautifully cooked and interesting food with a local emphasis. We will definitely return.