“16th Birthday Party”

Ranked #86 of 657 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Winner of the Oriental restaurant of the year - Derby food & drinks awards 2011. Our restaurant stands closely to Derby City Centre, and is offering authentic Cantonese & Peking Cuisine in luxurious surroundings and a pleasant atmosphere. We serve traditional "Dim Sum" during normal lunch hours. Our function room equipped with Karaoke facilities is free to hire (minimum spending - £200) for your special occasions. Special banquet meals can be arranged for your special needs. Please ask for details.
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Booked in advance for a large family birthday meal.
Beautiful meal couldn't ask for me attentive friendly staff who were very accommodating to my son's nut allergy

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

I love this place so much, the food is amazing, and I can not fault it but I think they need to polish up on there English abit as they don't always understand what your saying to them.

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

The decor is the same as when I first visited 15-20 years ago but the food is first class. Service is ok and the staff are very friendly. All you can eat and a few beers £25 per head good value if you have a good appetite!

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Visited the new water margin last weekend, having not been for over 20 years. The décor has not really changed that much which some may say is a bad thing, however it reminded me of fond memories.
There were 3 of us, my daughter had not been before so we chose the all you can eat buffet. We were looked after by a very pleasant server who explained the dishes to us in detail.
The food when it arrived was freshly cooked and hot, the duck appeared to by a little dry, however with the accompanying plum sauce, spring onions and cucumber and the wafer thin raps it was not really that noticeable.

We were given plenty of time during each course which was very refreshing as at previous restaurants the staff appeared to want to rush us through our meal. The overall meal was very good except that there appeared to be a lot of salt used, however, this may be down to the fact that myself and my wife try to avoid using excessive amounts of salt whilst cooking so this my explain the reasons for this.
I would very much recommend going as we, as a family said that we would go again. The offer of fresh fruit after our meal was a delightful treat, and the fact that there is a desert menu ( just ask ) was great.

Just one small point is the parking, we booked for a 7.30pm sitting and were unable to get in the car park so we had to park on the lower end of Burton road.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

As always. This place does not disappoint me.
Love the food and the service. You really can't fault it.
The squid is to die for.
Give it a try if you didn't like it in the past.