2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$68
Hotels.comUS$68
TravelocityUS$68
Trip.comUS$81
PricelineUS$68
Orbitz.comUS$68
1,664 results
All reviews mickleover court swimming pool leisure facilities evening meal coach party night break steam room and sauna mini bar lovely hotel leisure club alton towers restaurant staff family room short break plenty of parking peak district following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2021

Lisa on nights is amazing she’s a lovely lady happy to help. Also the gent on the bar on a evening and the gent in the restaurant are lovely. We had a few issues with the room and the check in staff could of been more friendly.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cheryl Lucas, Other at Derby Mickleover, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2021

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased that Lisa looked after you and the bar and restaurant staff too. Your comments regarding the room and the check in staff have been noted and will be passed on for review. I hope we can welcome you back again soon. Kind regards. Cheryl Lucas, Guest Relations.

Reviewed June 30, 2021 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Visited during covid restrictions, however it did not feel that you were restricted. Check in was easy & well explained by reception where we also booked our evening meal time & breakfast time.
We upgraded to an executive room which was located on the 1st floor. The room was a large with lots of furniture which didn’t contain anything, no in room safe, no fridge, no dressing gowns & only two paper cups which doesn’t really give you the option to have more than one hot drink. The room was very tired, large clunky furniture, ageing carpets & curtains & yellow lighting throughout which required a refresh & the only reason why I didn’t give this hotel 5 stars.
We used the pool area for an hour which was very nice & the gentleman at the leisure reception was very friendly and informative.
Our meal in the bistro was great, attentive service and a good selection of wines available. We went & sat in the bar area for a drink after our meal & I had the most gorgeous glass of rose Zinfandel, it was as fruity in fragrance as it was in flavour & I wish I had gone back to the bar to ask the name of the wine.
Breakfast was explained to you, hot buffet style, but served for you. It was unfortunate that fruits were only available to you whole, not cut up in a fruit salad style which other hotels are back offering as part of their breakfasts.
Check out was easy enough as we did scan a credit card, however, I did have to ask to see the charges which made me feel a bit awkward.
Overall a good stay & would love to re-visit in the future, especially after a room refurbishment.

Room tip: Register to your vehicle at reception
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassey456
Ash Nagar, Other at Derby Mickleover, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2021

Dear cassey456,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel.
Overall, it sounds like you had a pleasant experience and made full use of all of our facilities.

Please keep us in mind for your next getaway and we look forward top hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed June 27, 2021 via mobile

We stayed here on the 26th august we have stayed here before but not when it was taken over by best western. Colette who originally booked my room was brilliant she made sure a travel cot was in the room.. high chair and answered all of my questions. Thank you so very much our room was brilliant better than expected. Lisa the manager on reception is a fantastic manager very helpful an issue with the shower was resolved quickly the blonde girl on reception I think she was new was brilliant to. It’s a shame that the fridge isn’t stocked with a mini bar which they used to do..no dressing gowns any more which is a shame it’s little touches like that everyone loves. My son had a great time, and everyone was very welcoming. I’m going to bring my own cups next time as there’s only paper cups in the rooms for tea and coffee which I understand. The swimming pool was lovely you can only book for an hour then book again the young man and young lady signing us in were brilliant. We took my dog to stay with us, and the staff made a fuss of her such a dog friendly hotel! Our room was the carsington suite and it was lovely. We have booked again for my sons birthday in October. I think our friends are now going to book cause we had so much fun.. Thank you so very much for having us Thank you for all of your help and nothing was to much trouble, we’re staying in the Kensington suite next time which we are looking forward to! Thank you see you in October.. the Doyle’s x

Room tip: Book a suite
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank minnie1985
Ash Nagar, Other at Derby Mickleover, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2021

Dear minnie1985,

Thank you for your amazing 5-star review, and we're delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and we always enjoy welcoming our 4-legged guests too.

We look forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2021

The location of this hotel was great, walking distance in to Mickleover. Sadly the hotel is in need of a little love, quite dated and a bit tired. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable and the bathroom wasn't very clean at all.

Covid measures were OK.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Katielaa,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for one Friday night in June and overall, it was fine. We only ended up here as the original BW hotel we booked hasn’t reopened and this was what we were offered. We stayed in a suite. Very spacious and more than we needed, but room needs serious upgrading into this decade. Although the room felt clean, how outdated and “old” everything felt wasn’t very inviting. We also weren’t told check in or check out times, not the end of the world but a bit of a guessing game.

I was also confused to why the info sheet given on checkin said cleaners wouldn’t enter the room during our stay and then at around 10am a cleaner entered our room (she said she rang the bell, but we didn’t hear anything, so not sure if it works). Fortunately we were clothed! But a bit awkward nonetheless.

I would stay again if I were in the area, but probably only for a night or two. The size of a suite would’ve been great for a family.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ash Nagar, Other at Derby Mickleover, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2021

Dear YazzyE,
Thank you for your review following your stay, and we hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.