“Nice lunch!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Met with friends had nice lunch. Staff friendly very attentive! There was quite a lot of choice. I had pork belly apparently new on the menu it was very nice. Everyone else enjoyed there meals too. My husband had fajitas and it is the first time he has finished a meal in months. He said it was so nice!
I was a little disappointed that some parents let their children run & scream around. We did have to mention it to the staff and they kept an eye on them. My friend has hearing aids and it makes the screams even louder! Not what you want when you go out for a chat!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank EgyptfanDerby
Fred P, General Manager at Seven Wells, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Sorry for the loose children but we will intervene if it is spoiling the atmosphere and is quite rare for us but nevertheless I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited the Seven Wells this afternoon for lunch and were very impressed, on arrival the car park looked really busy so I wasn’t expecting it to be the most relaxed lunch but I was surprised to see there were still plenty of tables available.

I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the excellent service we received both at the bar and at our table. The service at the bar and our food being brought to the table were also very quick.

The quality of the food and portion sizes were great, I can definitely recommend the vegetable club sandwich. I expected the saver menu potions to be smaller than normal but the fish and chips for £4.99 was a decent size, our 94 year old grandma finished almost all of it off which is impressive for her and shows how much she enjoyed it, we’ve never seen her eat so much!

Looking around at other tables, the vegetable skewers and the fajitas also looked really nice.

The bar and restaurant are family friendly with a nice atmosphere with a nice mix of customers.

All together our meal, a vegetable club sandwich with a side of sweet potato fries, a club sandwich with a side of chips, two fish and chips, a tea, a cappuccino, a (large) glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a pint of ale came to just under £40

My only disappointment is that we don’t live closer but we’ll definitely come back if we are in the area.

And yes, they bring your food to the table (strangest question I’ve ever heard) :)

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your comments we all work hard to give the best experience to our guests and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Had the chicken sharer to start. Impressive size and a good selection of tit bits. Main was chicken skewer, also very nice. Hospitality was great too. Recommended.

Date of visit: March 2018

Cheers for your positive comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Food very tasty, staff service excellent. Parking, forget it if Hanson’s have an auction on. Question- who owns the car park? Hanson’s or the Seven Wells!!!!
Going to the pub for a meal I expect to be able to park without a problem!!
I will repeat though - Staff service and Food very good.
Try to go when there is NO AUCTION ON.

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your comments i am pleased to hear you like our food ?Auction day is always very busy for both us and the auction centre but is only once a month .We look forward to seeing you again soon when it isn't auction day .

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We’ve met friends here on a couple of occasions for a catch up and lunch and had a really nice time. It’s nothing special but has a large car park, a reasonable menu and helpful staff. It also has easy access for people with mobility problems. The service is unobtrusive and the food, good value. It’s pub fair with pie and chips, all day breakfast and burgers making up the bulk of the menu. So as they say, it does just what it says on the tin. We’ll certainly use it again.

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your feedback we all work hard to give the best experience to our guests and look forward to seeing you again soon