“Value for Money”

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Value for Money”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Excellent value for money
Rooms are good clean with air-conditioning had two good nights of sleep with family of 2 adults and 2 kids
Breakfast was good
Lounge is good and airy and bright
Staff are very helpful both at front dest and support staff
Will certainly return

1 Thank H K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here before and no problems. But a complete nightmare this time:
1. Lumpy duvets on 3 occasions - some bits had no stuffing and other bits had too much stuffing.
2. Blocked shower - had to change rooms. Poor quality duvet again.
3. Poor service as duvets not changed as asked - had to do it ourselves. Which meant lugging duvets up and down.
Therefore not impressed at all - expect better from Holiday Inn. will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012
HotelPPDerby, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel, I am most surprised and disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have spoken to both the housekeeping and the maintenance departaments to ensure that these matters are resolved and ,in light of your comments, have now placed an order for replacement duvets.
On a more positive note it is good to hear that you found the standard of room cleanliness to be high and I do hope that this will encourage you to use our hotel again in the future.

Regards, Angela Nicholls (General Manager)
London
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We (a family of 3) stayed here over the Easter break. Found the room to be very clean. Bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows (soft and firm). The shower flow was strong and the bathroom spotlessly clean. The sofa bed had been opened and made ready before we arrived. Having a toddler with you, one needs all the help you can. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Cant praise enough. There was a microwave and cutlery available for use in the lounge area which we found very useful when the little one wanted porridge at an unearthly hour !! Breakfast was basic continental and was free. There were lots of guests over the weekend but food was being constantly restocked by staff. We found the location to be quite convenient. (our satnav took us though to a slight different location nearby. The hotel is near the round-about just next to Harvester). Along with the Harvester there was also a Mexican joint right outside the hotel. All in all we had a very comfortable stay. Probably found it one of the best Holiday Inn express hotels I have stayed in. Value for money. Will be staying again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel,it is lovely to see such positive comments.
I am delighted that your enjoyed your easter break and that both your hotel room and staff surpassed your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards, Angela Nicholls (General Manager)
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here for a conference at the derby roundhouse for which it is perfectly placed 2mins away (same for the station). The city centre and pride park stadium are also however within a 10min walk. There is a large barrier controlled car park so good for that as well.

The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I got a large room, although it was a disabled room so might have been bigger than some of the standard rooms.

Breakfast was not brilliant,(basic continental style, sausage, egg, beans in a warming cabinet) but having stayed at a HI express before I knew this in advance. Just dont expect a wide selection and full English .

Staffs
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stay here quite often when visitng family and friends in Derby. It is one of the best Express Hotels I have stayed in, including Dublin. Service is always excellent. Rooms clean and tidy and over the years we have never had a single complaint. The breakfast is ample and sets you up for the day, what's more it is free. It is an easy stroll into Derby centre and everywhere is easily accessed by the ring road close by.

Room Tip: If walking into the centre cut through the rail station. Just show your room card at the barrier and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rootatoot
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stopped here back in February due to work commitments, it was an ideal location as work was simply across the road. The hotel is really close to the train station, it has lovely staff, nothing was ever too much for them, even when I was caught out for smoking in my room (naughty I know) the young lad (Shaun I think) decided to offer me a room on the ground floor so I was closer to the door to go outside. The bar is nice, the only two negatives were the fact that the Wifi was always a problem to access, I think the staff had to ring at least 6 times during our stay, and when we spoke to the wifi people they couldn't understand what we were saying. I also think they could do with offering more food, the pizzas are nice once or twice, but there choice is limited and I could get them a lot cheaper from a proper pizza shop. All in all? I had a lovely stay and I'd love to go back.... P:S the night girls are lovely, they always seem happy to help, I think the short lady was called Sue, and she was lovely to us, I can't recomend this place enough, even if just for the staff.

• Stayed February 2012