All reviews pride park room was clean beans harvester pub city centre chiquitos free wifi complimentary breakfast the sofa bed alton towers football stadium football ground train station football match ice machine nice breakfast stayed here for one night
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

A bit tired compared to other HIE I have visited and not all that quiet at night. Had to wait a long time to check in. Staff friendly.
Breakfast was good - usual variety on offer and starts at 7 on Sunday which is what I need!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Dear Longboplines,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that you had a disturbed nights' sleep at the hotel, this is not a common occurrence at the hotel, please be advised that I will look into this further.

On a more positive note I am pleased that you found all of the staff to be helpful & friendly and that our Express Start Breakfast offered everything that you needed for your early start on Sunday morning.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Angela

Reviewed September 25, 2018

With a new client in Pride Park this hotel is located in the perfect spot right in the heart of Pride Park and just five minutes walk from Derby station.

I usually book a Premier Inn when travelling on business as I find the chain reliable, clean and good value for money, so this was my first experience of a Holiday Inn Express....

.... and it was a good one!

The staff throughout are very helpful and friendly, the decor is modern and clean and the room spacious enough for a short stay with all the required facilities. The bed is very comfortable, the shower powerful and space for a work desk, sofa bed and adequate TV.

There's no separate restaurant as such but plenty of tables in the reception area for breakfast and a snack later in the day if required. Breakfast is limited as is the dining menu but again, sufficient for a short stay. There are also several restaurants within Pride Park (these are all chain eateries and nothing special but at least provide somewhere to go to for dinner).

If you wish to walk into Derby centre (about 15 minutes) you just have to cross through the station..... it maybe personal taste but having walked all around the centre on my second evening, I won't be repeating the exercise. What a dump!

My only slight disappointments with the hotel were the limited food options and the rather fierce air conditioning in the bedroom that blew straight onto the bed (although it was very efficient!).

All in all a good experience and, as I'll be working with my new client two or three days each month, I'll definitely stay here each time (and have indeed already booked for next month).

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Caesar63,

Thank you for your detailed review of the Holiday Inn Express Derby.

I am so pleased that your first experience of the Holiday Inn Express was such a positive one,its great to know that we are able to offer all that you need for your business trips at a competitive price. Guest Satisfaction and comfort iare our Number 1 Priority and both myself and the team are very happy that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards
Angela

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed with friends.
Hotel was really good value for money.
It was clean and staff were very attentive.
However.... I am now in receipt of a £100 parking fine which really does make this stay expensive.
Note to management - please ensure you make guests fully aware about the parking arrangements.
I am so disappointed in what could of been a fantastic break but has now cost so much.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Dear Buttie19,

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you found the hotel to be a good choice for your visit to your friends. Its great to know that the hotel offered the standards that you were looking for at a value for money price.
I am truly sorry to hear that you received a parking fine as a result of your stay and am disappointed to know that the system that we have in place at the hotel was not explained to you during the check-in process.
Please do contact me at gm@expressderby.co.uk with the details of this fine and I will ensure that this is cancelled without any further distress to yourself.
I do hope that, despite this incident, you will choose the Holiday Inn Express brand for your future travels.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I didn't try the breakfast as I met up with friends next door at Seven, but the room was quiet and comfortable. Good bathroom and it's a nice touch making it simple to choose between soft and firmer pillows. Easy parking on site (register when you check in). It's not a destination but it's an excellent place to rest your head for the night. Short walk from the station and not a long walk into the city centre; about 20m?

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Gailogail,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Derby.
I am really pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and a restful nights' sleep.

I do hope that you will return again in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The hotel is ideally located directly next to Derby train station & a short walk from Pride Park, Derby FC. The hotel has a dedicated car park, which is FREE for patrons although be warned, ensure you register you registration at reception on the iPad or face a £100.00 fine !!!

The cafe / bar area is nice, with plenty of seating, free WiFi & electric sockets available for use; there was NO filter coffee available only sachet coffee - but to be fair with the hotel they sold it to us for 50% discount to counter that issue.

I was very disappointed with the outside of the hotel though, the 2 supplied cigarette bins were overflowing; fag butts everywhere & one of the flags was in a state of disrepair. A member of staff even came out to clean the fag ends up; however only one was emptied & the rest of them were left everywhere; it certainly didn't set a good impression !

I visited this hotel for a business meeting so did not stay at the hotel & therefore I can't comment on the rooms etc.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Aaron H,
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit to the hotel.
I am sorry that you were disappointed with the exterior areas of the hotel , these are cleaned/monitored on a regular basis and therefore it is unusual for them to be in the condition that you have mentioned. We will now ensure that further checks are put in place in these areas.