All reviews meal deal business park retail park thyme restaurant family room all you can eat good nights sleep alton towers pride park night's sleep download festival no air con fantastic value budget hotel car park comfy bed room was spotless
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Derby for a business course - the hotel was great - very clean and room was very spacious - stayed for two nights - both breakfast and evening meal was great - staff very helpful - nothing was too much trouble - have already booked for the next instalment of the course in November.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Soapy66
Reviewed October 9, 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel with work many many times. The staff are friendly beds comfortable it's fine a ordinary premier inn.
However tonight I had my evening meal in the restaurant . I usually go out but I was on my own so stuck to the hotel.
What a shambles!! first I ordered wine and soda got wine and lemonade so got that changed. I ordered rib eye steak with pepper sauce. It's arrived with a sweet red wine sauce I couldn't taste any peppercorns. So sent that back too. When the waiter returned he said he'd been told that they mixed peppercorn sauce with Madeira sauce. It says pepper on the menu so surely should be pepper sauce. He asked if I wanted some more. I decided to have it because the meal was quite dry otherwise. I tasted the rib eye it was supposed to be medium rare but was medium. The texture of it was like an old boot. I ate all the trimmings but left the steak and just wanted the bill. The waiter then turned up with the sauce ...way too late.
I then tried to pay and was told I could just pay for the drink which I thought was decent of them. The restaurant manager then said the rib eye here is very hit and miss. WHY I often cook it at home and never have a problem with it, and at nearly £17 it should be perfect.
Anyway nice staff but rubbish food. The breakfast here is normally good so I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Location is fine to where my training centre is also the staff are very friendly and very nice food it was a pleasant stay very quiet area and not many shops in the area,there is no gym or swimming pool within the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are mainly the same on average
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I booked in for one night; having stayed here previously. We chose to stay at this particular Premier Inn as we’d enjoyed a warm and friendly welcome from Adam and Jazz (and the team) previously and we’re hoping for much of the same. We slept well and as usual enjoyed a great breakfast !
We weren’t disappointed. Adam and Jazz went out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thanks guys !!!
We’ll see you next time