“A Derby Winner”

Premier Inn Derby West
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A very quiet, comfortable room. There was a good choice on the menu ( even for one of us who is vegetarian). Substantial breakfast to set you up for the day.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

stay there this weekend because we were going to Alton towers, only wanted to stay one night but then decided to stay for a second night before our journey home to Newcastle the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly would recommended this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Normal premier inn although I must say the staff were very friendly rooms were clean and comfortable. The main gripe I have with premier inn hotels is the charge for internet access which most hotels in the £70-80 price range are falling over themselves to give for free. As I use these hotels for business purposes I cannot book the oft touted £29 pund packages. The breakfast package (which I did take) was average and I was slightly annoyed that there was no self-service for the cooked breakfast rather it was brought down by a waiter who asked exactly what you wanted. I would stay here again but only on business as I don't foot the bill - if I did I would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Recently had to leave another hotel as the room was unsuitable and had to find somewhere else to stay. Normally not too much of a problem, you might think, but this was at 9:30 pm on Good Friday (Bank Holiday) in the Peak District with my 2 kids!

Luckily the Premier Inn had a family room available, so we booked in and arrived 30 minutes later. The receptionist was brilliant, making a real effort to get the extra bed in the room sorted out quickly so that my 2 kids could get to bed.

The room itself was comfortable and clean, and the associated Beefeater served a decent breakfast (kids under 16 eat for free).

The one caveat is that the hotel is not well sign posted from the main road.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Derby West hotel over the Easter bank holiday weekend. There were 6 of us and we had three rooms. Check in was very quick and easy - we were given assistance in booking a taxi into town for the evening too. We were given three adjacent rooms which was nice to see - saves us trooping about the hotel to go to each other's rooms.
The bed was nice and comfortable, the room and the bathroom were very clean and modern. TV worked and had a remote which is a nice change from most travelodges I've been to!
Other than the noise of the guests walking around above us (must just be thin ceilings!) we slept very well - we were right near a hospital and a main road so we were concerned about road noise but didn't hear a thinkg.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. Over all, we all had an enjoyable stay and it was a good base for our weekend's activities.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We arrived as a Party of 9 and had 3 double rooms plus 1 family room for a 2 night stay. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet as was everyone elses in our party. We had dinner in the adjacent Mallard Beefeater and were given a reservation within 10 mins of our arrival. The waitress in the Mallard, couldn't have been anymore helpful and attentive. My only gripe was that for a 2 night stay our room was the only one not made up and replensished with tea, coffee etc., though the other rooms in our party were. However, the staff at reception were very helpful in replenishing the tea etc. We didn't have breakfast at all though 3 of our party did on the 2nd morning. Mixed reviews were given for that, 1 really enjoyed it, the other 2 didn't, not worth the money. Myself and my family went over to the Royal Derby Hospital and had a cheap breakfast there, which was more than adequate. All in all, it was a great stay and would not hesitate in staying there again as it near relatives in Littleover and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to others either. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Ideal location for our purposes. Clean and comfortable friendly staff. Very peaceful stay but it was the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business