“Early evening visit”

Ranked #14 of 484 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Who we are: We are a Spanish style TAPAS BAR. Independently owned and run, which relocated to larger premises in October 2014. This means we are a bar that serves tapas, not a restaurant. Because we are often busy and buzzing, we are not the ideal place for a quiet romantic night out, but we offer a warm welcome to all our and aim to restore you, whether you're in need of food, drink or company. What we do: All our food is prepared here from fresh, locally sourced or imported Spanish ingredients. Our extensive hot and cold tapas menu changes regularly and we list 6-8 daily specials. We have a range of Spanish wines, sherries, beers and spirits. We have some tables in the bar, which can be booked (max 8 people) at lunchtimes or evenings, except Friday and Saturday evenings, when it's first come, first served. Closed Monday lunchtime only, open 6 lunchtimes and 7 nights a week. On Sunday lunchtimes, we serve paella, as is the tradition in Spain, with a choice of mixed, seafood or vegetarian paellas. Advance booking for paella is essential.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We have been here several times. The food is very good and not to pricey as with some Tapas bars. Has a genuine continental feel about it hence you will find the tables and chairs close together. Nice atmosphere. I would advise booking a table. You can eat at the bar if it's very busy. Good food and drinks and it's a great place to start an evening out as you can have a modest sized meal if you prefer not to eat loads...

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and plenty of choice.
Ambience good but it was very busy so felt a little claustrophobic. Very noisy too so was unable to hear general conversation well.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Really good food here. Smallish room in a trendy part of old town. Not cheap but not overpriced. Worth the money I think. Book in advance or you'll struggle to get in.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere. The staff are friendly and attentive. Having visited Spain many times the food is very comparable and authentic

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Love this place. I have been many times, and when I have tried other establishments instead of here, I have regretted it. I don't think it is over priced for the quality of the food they offer. My husband and I have been more times than I remember and we have never paid over £100-sometimes the table is not big enough for all our dishes- and we are greedy! The menu is well thought out and authentic. I love the seafood dishes the most and they never disappoint, never been on a 'bad day' always consistent,always fresh and delicious. I prefer the service and food at independent restaurants like Los Gatos as apposed to 'pile it high sell it cheap' places. Love and care has gone into every aspect of the experience, not just the push of a microwave button.

2  Thank Defiance M