“Great service - cheers Kamil!”
Review of Chiquito - Swindon

Chiquito - Swindon
Ranked #81 of 478 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 'South of the border' passion is always served up at Chiquito. A menu of bold Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine is prepared however the diner likes it. Burritos, sizzling fajitas and tacos can all be customised for vegetarians or those wanting more spice. A kids menu, games and entertainment add to the family-friendly vibe, and there is a great range of exciting cocktails, mocktails, wines and tequilas.
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

Really good family meal. Enjoyed Kamil's advice and great customer service. See you soon. Especially enjoys Churros and Tacos for main.

1  Thank Jack A

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

There never seems to be enough staff here and service always suffers but today was particularly bad. We were asked if we knew what we wanted as soon as we sat down. After asking if we could actually look at the menu, we then waited at least 25mins until someone took our order. When the food arrived the order was incorrect. Although it was swiftly removed, it then took another 15mins to bring the correct main to the table. The rest of the group had kindly picked at theirs so that I wasn't eating alone. To be honest it wasn't worth the wait. Some sad salad leaves, a watery salsa and some burnt roasted veg. The only saving grace was the halloumi which was nice. We'd also ordered some more drinks which failed to arrive, had to ask again but still nothing. Just when I was going to say don't bother, some but not all materialised. I was really disappointed and the staff really don't seem to care that the service is shocking. It took 2hrs for us to have ONE COURSE. No matter how you look at it, that really isn't good enough.

1  Thank nicBreal
Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

If you're hoping for a reasonable and well balanced meal out with your family - don't come here.

Whilst I appreciate a tuesday afternoon is not peak time for such a place and you're unlikely to rock out your 'A-team', I would expect standards to be the same.

The restaurant was nearly empty, but there was still an extortionately long wait for very simple and utterly underwhelming food. The chimichanga was flavourless, with watery pulled pork and undercooked 'skin on' fries. The enchiladas had clearly sat on the pass for far too long, were soggy and served with a limp salad with a in no way Mexican, balsamic dressing. The kids beef tacos contained no beef and the churros were over fried... in fact everything was either over or undercooked.The margaritas were overpriced packet mixes and the service and atmosphere were both soulless. I understand it must be hard to maintain any form of motivation or enthusiasm when you're serving such soulless food, but it's not hard to at least give your customers a token 'thank you' or 'cheers guys!' when they leave.

Don't eat here when there are 100s of independent restaurants that charge the same prices but actually care about what they send out of their kitchens.

1  Thank Nathan J
Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

Gave this chain a chance but food was appalling, burritos with no meat and a few tortillas. I am in the industry and this chain must be suffering. I never normally complain, but the food is a real shocker! Nice staff though that seemed embarrassed by the attempt of Mexican food! Never again

1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

having been to this restaurant several times in the past leaving in dismay a recent family trip found a much improved service. So I attended again with my wife. We both ordered the same chicken dish and after a extended wait chicken arrived that resembled coal. We called and asked for the dish to be replaced. A lady returned to us a short time later without introduction and her lack of uniform I assume she was some type of front of house manager. After trying to tell myself and my wife that the seasoning made the chicken like this 'maybe we'd like something else' I noted that it wasn't the coating as it was enough to break the floor. She then explained that they only had 2 portions left would we like to choose something else. In this the wait for food was bad but the being treated like idiots far eclipsed the bad service.

Sadly the poor service and long waits has again returned to grace this place. But after numerous attempts to try this restaurant I unfortunately can't see things changing.

1  Thank Chris .