“A favourite of mine. Some of the best curry I've ever eaten”
Review of Lahore Balti-House - CLOSED

Lahore Balti-House
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Punjabi style restaurant, new opened, evening only
Description: Punjabi style restaurant, new opened, evening only
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I have made several orders from the Lahore Balti house over the last few months, and I do not recall ever having been disappointed. The Tandoori Chicken Dansak is to die for (especially with garlic rice) and although they're priced in the top end of what I've seen around, I see the food as extremely good value for money. Delivery always seems to be super speedy too...I don't think we've ever had a delivery take more than 30 minutes to arrive! I'm sure we shall venture into the restaurant itself in the future. But if you fancy a curry and a night in, these are they guys to order from. One minor suggestion though....I would LOVE to see garlic saag rice on the menu! Apart from that... The Lahore Balti house is AWESOME!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'd been recommended Lahore by numerous friends and, since first trying it around 3 months ago, it's become my curry house of choice in Swindon.

Although the menu is fairly similar to most Indian restaurants, a number of the chef's specials are really excellent: the Naga curry and the Shahi Masala being two of them. My partner had a specially made King Prawn Ceylon last night and we both found it to be the best curry yet from Lahore, absolutely delicious.

Would also highy recommend the Mushroom Rice - might sound boring but it's the best Mushroom Rice I've tried from a Swindon curry house.

Eating in is also a good experience as the decor is modern, clean and the place has an inviting feel to it. In this day and age of 'contemporary' Indian cooking (ie, where the flavour can often be sucked out of the dishes in an effort to make them healthier), it's great to find a curry house that uses old school methods but with a modern touch.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been to the Lahore Balti-House at least half a dozen times and the staff have always made me feel very welcome. They are polite and very helpful if you wanted help in choosing your dishes. I like my curries quite spicy and I can greatly recommend their Naga Chilli chicken, Achari chicken and lamb chops starter. The mushroom pilao and authentic tandoori roti are also very nice.
It is a BYOB restaurant and there is a well stocked off licence located conveniently opposite!

Date of visit: November 2012
1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Talking to the staff I found out that this restaurant site changed ownership this year, with the chef/owner having been born in Lahore - hence the new name! It has been completely redecorated and now looks very smart. Service was good, the food was spot-on and my wife particularly recommends the lamb saag. You need to know it's BYO but that gives you the chance to bring exactly the drink you want.

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank Old_Town_couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We went through groupon but still had excellent service and outstanding food! The staff were knowledgable about the menu. I will be returning.

1  Thank Mnad