“Good value and good care”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2017

No bad tummy no failures, careful to do no sugar or ghee and considerate service. Food enjoyable always.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Decided to order from Monsoon aroung 8pm on a Saturday evening, and was given an estimated delivery of around 9pm. Unfortunately, it did not arrive until around 9:45.

That, however, is the worst part about it. The food was fantastic. We ordered a set meal for 2 which was very good value for money and includes 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 Pilau Rice, 2 poppadoms, Naan bread, Dip and Bombay potatoes. For starters we ordered Onion Bhajis and Chicken Tikka, and for mains, we had a Chicken Madras, and a Chicken Bhuna.

The chicken in both of the mains melted in the mouth, in fact it was falling apart on the fork, it was that tender. There was plenty of it too. The taste was perfect, beautifully spiced, with no grease in sight.

The Poppadoms were crunchy, ideal for dipping, the Naan was light and fluffy, as were the Bombay Potatoes, and the Chicken Tikka was also packed full of flavour.

The slow delivery would NOT put me off ordering again, that is for sure. I put that down to it being a Saturday evening, and them being busy. Next time, I will factor that in and allow for a delay in the arrival.

All in all, a great meal and Monsoon will definitely be getting repeat custom from us.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Ordered take away from the bay leaf for the first time today and I was blown away by the quality of the food. By far and away the best balti I've had in Swindon. Excellent service and value.

Reviewed December 19, 2015

Worst meal ever. My friend and I know our food. Popadoms were stale,dips bland. The prawns had clearly eaten the lobster in the starter.

But the main,oh my. My lamb contained a slab of pork fat! And no lamb. I returned it for that reason. And declined any payment apart from the two pints of lager.

Definitely not recommended.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed August 29, 2015

We have had several takeaways now and each time the food has been excellent. Very large portions too. Favourite Indian food in Swindon.