“Tesco cafe is NO LONGER Giraffe”
Review of Giraffe

Giraffe
Ranked #336 of 463 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Unfortunately the Tesco/Giraffe experiment failed and the store cafes are now back to their previous shoddy selves. I recommend you go to an actual Giraffe, but don't bother with these Tesco venues any more. Two stars is for the Tesco café, NOT Giraffe per se - I'd still rate the one in the Swindon Outlet Centre, for instance, 4 star.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

I'd been to Giraffe before about 6 months ago and thought it was alright for a quick bite, so my daughter and I popped in today (Mother's Day) for a late lunch at around 14:20.
We were seated promptly, and that's about where the quality of service ended.

It took 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive and their cocktails are not good - really bland and watery. Our food order was taken when the drinks arrived, and we then waited 40 minutes for our starter to arrive. The starters were very simple, and can't have actually taken more than a few minutes to prepare - one was just warm houmous and a bit of bread!!!

Once the starters were cleared away, we ended up waiting another 35 minutes for our mains. Mine was a simple, undressed, cold salad, and I have NO idea why it took so long. It was Duck salad - and the duck was so overdone and chewy that I gave up after a piece got stuck in my teeth leaving me with toothache until I could floss! My daughter had the Chicken Katsu noodles and there were more onions than noodles in the bowl. It was just rubbish.

The waitress could see that we were annoyed with how long everything was taking, and offered us a round of drinks to make up for the all the waiting. It was a nice gesture but I'm just annoyed that I spent 50 quid on a really poor experience with only-just-average food.

The menu has changed for the worse and it's all over the place - mexican, japanese, burgers & steak... it's like they are trying to compete with all the other restaurants in the outlet - by offering a bit of everything, but doing it all badly.

We saw the table next to us wait 30 minutes for them to bring out 2 scoops of ice cream for her kid. We decided to get the bill whilst we were still eating.

We were there 1h 50 mins altogether for a spot of lunch, one of which didn't even need cooking!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Had visited several times previously and was very impressed. Went in just before christmas hoping would be the same. Absolutely terrible. No welcome; no menus; no-one to help. Managed to ask the sole waitress if it was waiter service; she said 'yes' so we sat down. After 10 mins walked out.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I came here second times . Walk in waiting for stuff in front of bar 1lady was cleaning table I said hello !! Nothing back not even smile I asked for coffee and scone she said help ur self with scone no butter . Not even thank you .. Nothing she much have bad day !! .. On the back of T-shirt stuff wear said relax , recharge , I not feel that way..

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I have eaten here a couple of times and not eaten here a couple times. Walk in, stand around for a while and there is no one to point to a seat. When I have eaten, the food comes pretty quick and is pretty good