“Afternoon tea”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Swindon
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Visited 1st Jan 2018 at 2.00pm. Fairy quite, but lots of uncleared tables so we had to wait. Finally shown to table, 10 minute wait until someone took our drinks order. My coffee arrived after about 15 minutes but had to wait for a further 5 minutes for the pots of tea too arrive. 20 minutes later the waitress came to take our food order. A toasted sandwich an afternoon tea. My toasted sandwich with salad garnish arrived after a further 10 minutes, but no cutlery of serviettes. Afternoon tea arrived 5 minutes later, I had nearly finished my sandwiches as I didn't want them to get any colder. Asked for cutlery, which was slammed down on the table by the waiter. After we had finished no sign of anyone to give me the bill, got up and asked the waiter, was made to feel we were a nuisance for asking for the bill. Followed him into the shop to pay. Should have gone into the shop when we first arrived, the sandwich toaster was disgusting, wouldn't have ordered a toasted sandwich if I had seen it first, the knife they used to cut the sandwich wad not cleaned between sandwiches. Will never go there again.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Visited again today 30 Dec with my daughter. We had a bad experience here last time however, I thought I would give this place the benefit of the doubt. We ordered drinks and food from a very friendly guy and didn’t actually wait that long. When the drinks came my hot chocolate was cold and just foam very little hot chocolate. I now see why it was the least busiest in the centre. This has made my mind up it is rubbish and we won’t be going back here again,

Reviewed December 22, 2017

If you are looking for speedy service and a light bite or a substantial breakfast, lunch or early evening meal, it is an ideal spot. The menu changes from time to time and there is hot and cold food available. They have a small range of set meals and you can always go to their shop and choose a fantastic cake!

Reviewed December 18, 2017

travelled 1.5 hours to visit Swindon designer outlet for the first time and have always fancied trying my local Cardiff Patisserie Valerie so we tried this one as a Christmas treat.
We were VERY disappointed in the service to start, staff were very ignorant and too busy having a laugh at the till.
We ordered a pot of tea which arrived in a dirty teapot with tea stains all over it and the tea spout really needed a good clean yuk! We also had a glass of coke, the glass was also dirty.
We ordered some lemon cheesecake which was like rubber! I'm no Nigella, but all I could taste was gelatine, and no resemblance or taste of a cheesecake and could not taste any lemon what so ever.

Overall very disappointed, waste of money

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Good value for food. Service quick and cheery. Good stop off when shopping. I had the smoked salmon bagel and the portion was a good size and tasty.