“Don't let the unusual location put you off. This is the real deal.”
Review of Nok's Grill & Cafe

Nok's Grill & Cafe
Ranked #106 of 255 Restaurants in Telford
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Nok's Grill Cafe is a friendly family run independent Cafe serving Traditional British Cafe Fare & Thai Street Food, Locally roasted Freshly Brewed Coffee, Baked Goods & Sandwiches to eat in or takeaway Our Daily specials are seasonal and always changing. We have Plenty of Parking with Wheelchair Access & Disabled Toilet Facilities.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A hidden gem. Ignore the fact that this friendly cafe is in a unit on the Halesfield industrial estate. What's important is the quality of the food and the welcome. Both are beyond excellent, and parking isn't an issue. Great breakfast fare -- and for lunch - some reasonably-priced, freshly-cooked Thai 'street-food'. The owner used to be head chef at Shrewsbury's Tennis Club in Sundorne, and also at The Peach Tree. This venture, run with his Thai wife, deserves to succeed. You can select from a short but perfectly-formed menu, try one of the daily 'specials' or just turn up for a hot drink. I will be returning soon. Telford doesn't have many quirky eating-places. This one deserves your patronage.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went for breakfast with some lads from work heard the "chef" swearing and having a go at the lovely Thai girl who serves us, not very good people skills at all , if your going to have a go at your staff don't do in front of your customers !! Come back ? Never if I could give this no stars I would

faranglao, Owner at Nok's Grill & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear David

I'm sorry your experience was less than satisfactory on this occasion. Your meal took a lot longer to leave the kitchen than usual and I understand that you didn't have chance to finish before having to get back to work. Our oven had gone out & would not relight, my frustrations got the better of me and cursing at the oven didn't improve the situation obviously. I apologize for not meeting the high standards we strive for day in day out.
I appreciate your comments and feedback, negative feedback is as important to us as positive feedback, lessons can be learned and improvements can be made.

Best wishes
Duncan Carpenter

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Staff are very helpful and polite, and make sure your food is done to perfection, if this means waiting a little bit then believe me its worth it. I have a favourite meal which is minced pork with jasmine rice & oyster sauce topped with a very crispy fried egg which is amazing!! but saying that all the specials that change every day offer a great selection which always satisfies the taste buds.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Food was fresh and vibrant. All cooked to order with care and precision.

Thai cooking is a delicate art of balancing strong flavours and that is successfully done here.

Well done all - keep up the good work.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Really alternative menu with English and Thai choices. The food was excellent and so unusual for a cafe- I'd be happy eating it in a restaurant!
We both had something off the special board but we're struggling to choose something, so we'll definitely be going back to try more!
100% recommended!