New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Meerkat Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

When this experience came up on Amazon local I couldn't get it bought fast enough. I'm a huge meerkat fan but have never had the chance to get up close with them. Well this experience not only allowed myself and a friend to get up close and hand feed them, but also to hold and cuddle one of the hand reared young meerkats. All so much better than looking at them behind glass or in cages!
Our guide was very knowledgeable answering all of our questions, and giving us the stories of each meerkat, and it was obvious the animals were not only well cared for but part of the family. Unfortunately the rest of the farm was closed as it was out of season, but we were provided with hot drinks on arrival and there were loos available if needed and plenty of handwashing facilities.
My only complaint would be that I had to share the experience and couldn't have the meerkat all to myself and that it was all over so quickly! But we had a fab time, so many thanks to the staff for such a fun experience. Would love to do it all over again!

Warwickshire
“Really cool predator day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's obvious that the staff really know their stuff and genuinely care for the animals. Our guide was really friendly n knowledgeable and put us at our ease straight away. Having the opportunity to actually interact with the animals was such a special experience for us; so much better than watching through glass or bars. Will definitely go again.

Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Meerkat experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Brilliant day, staff so knowledgable, friendly and helpful, meerkats were just adorable! Would recommend to anybody! Well done guys!

birmingham, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“half day keeper expereince very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I went on the half day keeper experience with my seven year old granddaughter and we both really enjoyed ourselves. There was a good balance of information and interaction with the animals - mostly interaction! We were able to handle and feed a baby meerkat, ring tailed lemurs and coaties; we also handled an owl and stroked a python and a caiman! The staff were knowledgeable and handled the animals with care and attention.

I am always concerned with animal comfort and dislike seeing animals penned. I agree with OliversArmy that the accommodation could have been better - larger enclosures would be preferable - but everything was clean and well kept particularly given that the Farm season has not yet begun.

I too came on a groupon deal and it was well worth the price. The regular price I think a little high. I would return.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Meerkat Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I was given this as a gift for Christmas and me and a friend had a brilliant visit. There were plenty of meerkats to see, including 2 young babies. We were able to feed the meerkats and also hold one of them, a lovely little chap who burrowed in my hair. Adrian the guide was a great guy who knew alot about the meerkats and really cared for the animals.