“Wonderful meal and wonderful staff”
Review of Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant
Ranked #44 of 255 Restaurants in Telford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Blue Elephant is the prefect place for a meal out, with a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Our restaurant serves a wide range of fresh, flavourful Indian and Bangladeshi dishes. Our staff are very friendly and welcoming and you will be able to enjoy your time with them. Blue Elephant is designed to be exclusive, friendly, relaxing and fun. Rest assured you will always be welcomed here
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Popped into the Blue Elephant on Tuesday for a quite meal with my husband. We chose the Tuesday as they do a '£9.95 banquet' on that evening - four courses for £9.99!!! This doesn't include extras like side dishes and drinks, but still a fantastic deal. We've been to the Blue Elephant many times over the past couple of years and, rest assured, the food on the £9.95 banquet nights is as good as on any other night. Considering the price, there is a good range of dishes available - plenty of choices for starters, mains and desserts.

We started with poppadoms - the Blue Elephant do a chutney that I've never seen anywhere before. It's apple based with a hot sauce and the combination of sweet apple and chilli is a treat for the tastebuds.

We both decided on vegetarian samosas as a starter - two good sized samosas with a salad. For our main meal I chose garlic chicken tikka tawa - tender chicken tikka pieces with onions and garlic slices in a spicy sauce which is not so hot that your tongue goes numb, but very tasty as you can actually taste the different spices and herbs that have been combined to make the sauce. My husband had chicken tikka massala which he said was superb. Try to be a bit adventurous with your rice here - I had the vegetable rice and my husband had the mushroom rice - there are quite a few choices, and all that we've tried have been delicious. We also had Bombay potatoes, which were, like the rest of our meal, perfectly cooked and beautifully spicy without being over hot.

We also decided to have a dessert - coconut ice cream for me and strawberry ice cream for him. I know these are not traditional Indian dishes, but they tasted gorgeous!

We've had takeaways from here as well - all cooked to the same very high standard with very fresh ingredients.

Also, the restaurant caters for children - and they seem to be very adventurous in their choice of meals here.

Definitely worth a visit - if you want to go on a Tuesday I would suggest phoning in advance and booking a table as, understandably, the restaurant can be busy.

4  Thank chinalinen
There are newer reviews for Blue Elephant

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I visited the Blue Elephant with my husband, having never been before. I love Indian food & wanted to try somewhere new. We ordered starters & a main along with sides. The staff we friendly & efficient. Helpful when asked what the dishes include, for dietary requirements. The food arrived quickly & I must say was the best Indian food is ever had!!! Could not fault the while experience. Needless to say we will be back, very soon.

6  Thank TotalFoodiee
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Went for a meal with my wife tonight and honestly could not fault the place. Staff were brilliant, service was quick, and the food was brilliant. Chef was more than happy to cook me a milder version of a jalfrezi. Price was average as well, £40 for 2 courses and drinks. Would highly recommend and we will be returning.

3  Thank TheDawleyMuncher
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I visited this gem with friends in a quiet part of town and the food and service was spot on. The waiters werent constantly on your backs which makes some restaurants feel as though they are encroaching on your privacy! However that being said the staff were all attentive and seemed cheerful which naturally made me feel welcome and relaxed!

5  Thank IbnFazl
Reviewed 27 April 2016

After eating at 80% of Indians in Telford this is now my favourite.
The service was attentive but not intrusive. The staff that were very smart remembered me from my previous visit.
The restaurant was clean and tidy with immaculate tables.
Good selection of beers.
I explained that I was short on time and nothing was to much trouble for the staff.
Very good value for money.

4  Thank Mark E