“Delicious food in a cosy restaurant.”

Bangla Pride Oakengates
Ranked #24 of 310 Restaurants in Telford
Price range: US$17 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2016

We had such a lovely meal at this restaurant this evening. We are a family of four and all of us thoroughly enjoyed the food. It was fresh and so tasty. We particularly liked the chicken pakora starter and the chicken tawa main course in an amazing sauce. I had a wonderful vegetable sagwala which I would recommend. We have tried quite a few curry houses in Telford and based on tonight this one rates right up there. Finally, you can bring your own wine - always a bonus!

1  Thank P S

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Called in tonight. 20 mins walk from telford hotels and 4 quid taxi back. Off licence across the road and locals told me you can even order a pint of real ale from the fighting cock and take it in! Ordered pathia lamb shank. Was lovely with lots of fresh spices. Came with a mushroom and spinach side. Starter good too. Service courteous and meal not too rushed. Lovely. Will be back.

1  Thank 95lynne
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We'd not eaten here before, but decided to try it before going to see a show. I had a Chicken Biryani and my Son had the Shanazi Kana. When the food came it was nicely presented, not just dumped on the plate like it can be. More importantly, the food was excellent - incredibly tasty. My only complaint was that I couldn't finish it all as I became full up. I would happily eat here again.

1  Thank Will_NS
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Disappointed to have to say our experience on Friday evening wasn't a pleasure. Starters arrived freshly cooked, warm and very tasty but nearly 60 minutes later we had to ask where our main meals were as others who came in later than us had eaten and were leaving.
Finally when ours arrived mine had obviously been microwaved to heat it thru and had not been stirred and had a skin on and another dish wasn't what was ordered and was far too spice hot.
We were given a free dish of their choice when it was brought to the attention of the staff what had happened.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Had a very enjoyable meal with drinks prior to a show at Oakengates Theatre. Food was very enjoyable and although quiet in the restaurant, we were made to feel really welcome and the food was really tasty

1  Thank Carol G