“The Wrong White House” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Swansea, United Kingdom
“The Wrong White House”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

After staying in The White House in Telford, I decided to rebook again as I thought the hotel was perfect, however on arriving I realise with the help of the staff I'd booked the wrong White House this time round! On tipping up at the hotel I accidentally booked I was extremely disappointed. I was staying in a pub, rather than the hotel I thought I'd booked. On entering I was welcomed with gloomy looks by the locals, and then swiftly shooed up to the attic room. It was tiny, not enough room for my husband and I to stand side by side. The box shower room was awful. To brush my teeth I had to stand in the doorway sidewards.

Considering I thought I'd booked that luxery White House I'd stayed in previously I was gutted to be in the wrong White House.

If I ever end up having to stay in Telford again I'll be sure to book the right hotel in future!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the attic box rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steph S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here in oct/nov.. Arrived and the reception and the man was quite polite and welcoming. I had booked a exct room and as i got to the room no lights were working and had to go down stairs to get it sorted.. was sorted right away.. the room was nice,big and clean! Breckfast was nice. At check out was a girl who was quite rude and not very helpful when i asked for a taxi number.. i work in a hotel and know what service should be given! apart for a few little things was nice stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel alot of times and will go back again we have stayed only in the honeymoon suite which is really nice havent yet stayed in any other rooms there was huge four poster bed very comfy large sitting area tv large bathroom everything that you would need very clean and tidy we have also eaten in the restaurant there alot of times the meals are very nice and loads for breakfast 5*

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here for a few days in october. The room we had initially was quite small but we asked if we could move and the staff were really accomodating and moved us to a bigger room. The food in the bar was excellent and i would definitley eat there again. The breakfast was lovely. Its not the poshest hotel around but its nice and comfortable and i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for large room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

Sorry but what is shown on the Website is not what we experienced in the Hour we were there. The room we were given was poorly cleaned throughout, with damaged/broken fittings. A second room was shown to us, no better, the bed badly worn on one side so that you almost rolled off it.We decided to leave. Cannot say how good the food is as we didn't stay long enough to find out. If we hadn't found a Premier Inn close by we would have been making a 200 mile trip back home
This place was recommended to us by a colleague and as we wanted to visit Ironbridge, seemed to be ideal. In our experience sadly not.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Happytravellor00

Travellers are raving about these Telford hotels

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We booked at 2 and arrived at 6 for one night. Check in easy and the room was very pleasant (Smoking Room) a good size, nicely decorated and a good shower ! Staff were very helpful and pleasant. Lovely full English Breakfast My only gripe is website said price of rooms was £58.50 but I was charged £69 as I didn't book online ! My fault I suppose but I wanted to book over the phone to make sure we had the reservation as we were setting out on a 3 hour journey and didn't want to arrive with no room confirmed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I needed a hotel for one night and most in the area were fully booked. I stayed for one night on business and found the hotel close to where I needed to be which was great. Check in was trouble free and staff were pleasant. Room was at the top of the hotel and was clean and comfortable but the decor was a little dated. Dined in the restaurant the food was superb and the next morning the breakfast was also of a high standard. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business