“Old fasioned service in a budget business hotel”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed at the above hotel between 20th - 24th February 2012. I needed a convenient location whilst conducting some business in the area as an Implementation Consultant.

In my line of work I stay at MANY Premier Inn's and many other budget hotels. I even sometimes stay at non budget hotels with lots of facilitys/services etc.

I have NEVER felt the need to write a review before today. But credit where it is due the staff at this hotel were SUPERB nothing was too much trouble. Right from the intial greeting, to booking a table for an evening meal etc. What set this place apart was that the guys there actualy do care about service, and talk to you like a human being. This is even more impressive when you consider the place is BUSY - it is one of the main feeder hotels for Gatwick airport - the second largest airport in the UK. Facilitys were good and in line if not better in some cases to other Premier Inns I have stayed at and I can honestly say although within spitting distance of the airport I had not idea that I was..room very quite and well looked after..Basicaly I give the service especialy, and facilitys (free parking by the way) 10 out of 10..I hope they can keep it up..well done

Room Tip: If you want less traffic past your room go for the higher levels in the hotel ie 3rd floor up
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave F
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am overwhelmed that, after having stayed in many other hotels over the course of your working life, your experience at Gatwick Manor Royal has prompted your first online review. Your kind words are a gracious tribute to the Team and I must thank you for the passion and enthusiasm of your review.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great hotel, good breakfast, 10 minuites from airport. I used hotel for park and fly. Package had a meet and greet service included. Excellent parking service at aiport all on time. Stayed with my wife and 2 children rooms a little squeezed but still very comfy. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank horasmedan
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our Park and Fly package to be so straightforward and convenient.

I certainly hope that we can welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Over the years i have stayed at more airport hotels than I care to remember and most of them I would like to forget as they work on the principle that you will be there for one night and that will be it. sadly this attitude prevails amongst the chains as well as the independents.
This hotel is different. Premier Inns seem to be working on the basis that if they can demonstrate service at an airport hotel travellers are more likely to use them elsewhere.
The hotel was modern, clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and service was efficient.
Based on this I will be staying at other Premier Inns, however they need to be aware that they have set an expectation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter D

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and to discover that we have set such high expectations for the Premier Inn brand for you. It is an essential part of our philosophy that we treat each and every Guest as a V.I.P and everyone here takes it as a great compliment that you will stay at other Premier Inns in the future as a result of your visit here.

We hope that this includes a return visit to Gatwick Manor Royal.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Your heart tends to sink at the thought of booking an airport hotel in order to catch an early flight. This hotel knows exactly how to do it. Fast, friendly check-in and check out. Good beds, quiet, all the facilities you need in a room, minutes from the airport without being next to the runway. The restaurant downstairs is much better than you might think with well trained staff, half decent food (a bit Beefeater but not bad)and a nice environment to grab a bite to eat without having to go out in search of somewhere. It was so inexpensive I don't know how they do this for the price and puts many more expensive hotels to shame.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NTHurrrzz
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

I am delighted that we seem to have confounded your expectations of airport hotels. We feel that it is relatively inexpensive to offer our Guests great service and create a relaxed, welcoming environment that hopefully relieves much of the stress of the impending early morning flight.

Everyone here is grateful for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We have stayed at this Hotel before catching a flight and really enjoyed it so decided to stay for a treat and to visit local National Trust gardens close by. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. Was a very quiet stay even though it was half term. The staff are extremely nice and friendly and very helpful. We ate in the Thyme restaurant and had a lovely meal. The only fault was we ordered one portion of garlic bread for the two of us as a starter as we weren't that hungry. We had this when we stayed in November and there were 4 slices. This time there were only 2 slices and about 2 mouthfuls. At £2.50 for a portion it seems rather misely. We are not big eaters so hate to think what a big eater would make of this. The main and breakfast was superb. It is a buffet breakfast but everything was cooked lovely and was hot. The restaurant has a lovely ambience to it. We are definitely staying again and perhaps they would have upped the bread portions!

Room Tip: All rooms seem the same although some do have sofas
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angie60Kent

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially gratified to know that you returned for a second stay as a 'treat' and I hope you enjoyed your trip to the National Trust Gardens.

I am also very pleased that your overally impression of our Thyme Reataurant was such a positive one. I do apologise however that you were left disappointed with your 2 slices of Garlic Bread. On your previous visit I believe that you were probably given extra slices to compensate for what were two undersized slices, as two is the standard with this order. However, if you ever feel unhappy with something you have ordered then I would ask you to let a member of the Team know and we will always endeavour to rectify the situation.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed here for one night before flying out from Gatwick. It is really close to the airport so extremely convenient. It offered great value for money. The hotel room was fabulously clean and the staff were very polite and helpful. Check in was a doddle as was check out. I will definitely use this hotel again when flying from Gatwick. Brillian

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharonRutts
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our unique location to be so convenient for you. I am also pleased that everything went so smoothly for you during your time at Gatwick Manor Royal.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I've stayed in a few premier inn's through work and have to say that this is the best one I've stayed in. The rooms are large with a lot of space, bathroom clean and spacious. The restaurant and bar is within the hotel, so no need to venture outside. Good options for evening meal and lovely breakfast buffet.
The only gripe i had, was the fan heater in the room wasn't big or strong enough to heat the size of the room, which made it a little chilly in the evening, but apart from that, I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SSmith070

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our great value Premier Breakfast.

I am sorry to hear that you found the heating of your Room to be insufficient during your stay. On any future stay at Gatwick Manor Royal please do not hesitate to contact Reception who will endeavour to resolve this or any other issue as promptly as possible.

Many Thanks