“Loved this hotel!”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Leicester
“Loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stopped here the night before we left on honeymoon and really loved it. We had a complimentary upgrade but would happily have paid for it. The room was the height of luxury - huge bed with rose petals, massive tv plus another tv at the end of the bath and speakers in the shower. The club room was fab - 2 hours of free wine and beer before we headed to the restaurant which had really lovely food and great service.
I could have stayed here for longer but Florida beckoned!

Room Tip: Upgrades are well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lawyer13
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to put your comments onto TripAdvisor.

Congratulations on your recent marriage. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and in some small way we could make your stay a little more special.

I am sure nothing could top your Honeymoon destination but I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and take advantage of all the facilities we have on offer.

Once again congratulations, may we wish you all the best for your future happiness together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We used this hotel the night before travelling to Florida. It is a lovely little hotel. We upgraded to Club lounge. We dropped our bags and started our family holiday down in the lounge, there were various soft drinks and alcohol and food on offer, it was a large room and very nicely decorated. The beds were very very comfortable. We stayed in a two bed suite which was lovely decorated with a TV in the bathtub!
Would definatly reccomend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay over before flying!
Thankyou to everyone at the Crowne Plaza

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Nati18
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay prior to your Florida Holiday, and you were able to take advantage of the extra facilities offered when booking one of our Club Rooms.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Upminster
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This hotel is ideal for an overnight stay before flying off from Gatwick Airport, particularly if you are parking your car at Airport Parking, Lowfield Heath, which is between the hotel and the airport.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are clean and well equiped, my only critism is that they are a little on the small size.
I booked our hotel and parking package on the Thomson Extras web site for £87.00 for the hotel and weeks parking which I thought was good value for money.
I thought the food in the hotel was a little expensive, but you don't have to eat there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pensioner022
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you found your package offered value for money and you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do offer guests the chance to upgrade the room type,.this might be something you might like to consider for the future, which would give you a larger room with other benefits such as access to the Club Lounge.Please do ask for details if you stay in the future.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stay here often for business given that I fly in to work at our Crawley office which is @ 1/2 mile away and very walkable. I love that the hotel has a full service gym and a pool that offers water aerobics class. I often stop at the Sainsbury's across the street to pick up fruits/veggies/salads for my lunch the next day which is very convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Phillybeachlover
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you so much for your comments about your stays at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoy staying with us and the hotel and the facilities fit your needs.
It is always nice to welcome back regular guests and I hope that our staff help to make your stay warm and welcoming .

It is also nice to read that you take advantage of the classes on offer at our Elite Health Club .
I do hope that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Stevenage
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was a one night stop to catch a flight from Gatwick with parking included at APH.
I could not be more impressed for the money. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linen was so comfortable I am going to phone and ask where they get it from!
Check in and out was a breeze. It had a pool (not that we used it) and a bar and a restaurant.
Food was not exactly cheap but did a job for us. Will defintely put this on the list next time we go to Gatwick.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ecuyetx
Thank you for posting your comments about the Crowne Plaza onto TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you found the Parking Package met your requirements, and offered value for money,

It is important to have a good nights sleep before you set off on holiday and I am pleased that you found your room comfortable.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Good hotel room impeccably clean, used this hotel three times now. Staff excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sanfairyann
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Thank you for your comments. We were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in the area.
Inverness, Scotland
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Had booked directly with hotel for 1 night & with breakfast. Didn't have to wait to check-in at reception. Had ordered dinner at the bar, but didn't get everything I ordered. When I queried this with the bar staff, I was told person who took order didn't put it to the kitchen.
Only downside for me was, even though I had paid for breakfast, it didn't start until 6am. And I was already left the hotel by that time to get a flight. Would be good if the hotel would start breakfast at 5am or even offer guests a breakfast to take away if leaving earlier.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo