“My fav hotel near Gatwick”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Gibraltar
“My fav hotel near Gatwick”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Have stayed in this hotel around 20 times and have never been dissapointed....rooms are very nice, comfy bed and service is always briliant.

Few things i like about this hotel:

1. Indoor pool
2. 2 big screens to watch football
3. Short walk to nice restaurants, bowling and cinema
3. Rooms are great with big tv
4. Breakfast is first class

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments on trip advisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted to read that we consistantly meet your expectations and you enjoy staying here.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a typical airport hotel where they don't have to try too hard,receptionist did not give any information nor was she helpful, the best people for info was the bell hop very helpful , left car free for 2 weeks at the hotel so good value. this hotel is a 30 minute coach journey to the airport (it stops at 5 other hotels!) terminal from drop off. Booked a Club room, room OK , maids hopeless. Club bar a bit depressing , just no soul to this place but OK for one night Restaurant is really depressing, go to pub around the corner, Sainsbury supermarket opposite, so plenty of eat in food to buy and good for shopping when you arrive back to pick up car. Not sure if I would use this place again, Hilton more convenient and more atmosphere

Room Tip: Search sites for best price , they really vary.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear pusseycat12,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the hotel location as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service from our staff which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night before a flight home. My review is based on that.

I was given an upgrade when I arrived, nice surprise. The room was nice and pleasant and everything you would expect. Comfy bed, powerful shower etc. I went to the sports bar to watch the football game, the lights weren't on and the bar was closed. At least the match was on, no hd on sky though.

I ordered room service, it arrived and was pretty awful. Garlic bread was £3.50 for 2 small pieces, chips were soggy and some not cooked. In the morning I went for breakfast, which was horrific. The full English made me feel sick for the rest of the day. They charge £16 for that privilege. Shame I didn't go down the road to the McDonald's!

I used the pool, which was great. The gym is immense, definitely take advantage of that if you can.

The staff were friendly and apologetic over the food. I probably wouldn't stay here again because there is so much choice available.

I hope my review helps!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Wesley T
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the meal you ordered and that breakfast was not to your taste.

I would like to say that if ever you have an issue with any part of your stay we would like to know about it.

As Guest Relations Manager I would have liked the opportunity to put things right for you.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay this time ,but I do hope that you will give us the chance to put things right for you if you choose to stay in the future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Booked for a night through APH Parking. Pleasantly surprised by the very good standard of the hotel - to the extent that we dined there that evening too. The meal and the room were very good and the service in the hotel was excellent. Will certainly use this again for future trips.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
kent
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stay here with a car package with APH when flying from Gatwick several times a year,always upgrading to a club room.The service offered from check in to check out is superb always friendly and helpful.Club rooms are the best I have stayed in throughout the world and are spacious with fantastic beds and bathrooms,plasma screen in bath a lovely extra.The club lounge is comfortable and offers refreshments throughout the day as well as complimentary drinks for a couple of hours in the evening also a very adaquate breakfast.Looking forward to staying again next week.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club room, corner rooms are extremely spacious
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay and found the hotel exceeded your expectations in all areas.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next week.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is great. It has all the mod cons including leisure facilities. Great value for money compared to just paying for car park for similar price.
It's a great start to a holiday and only 10 mins to Gatwick.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jimbex69
Broseley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Enjoyed our short stay at the Crowne Plaza at the start of our honeymoon. We booked through APH parking, and were able to stay for one night and park for 12 days for only £89 - considering the cheapest parking only deal was £69 for the period, we certainly could not complain with the value presented by staying here prior to flying.

The room was fine, wouldn't say it had any sort of wow factor but it was clean, well furnished and gave us somewhere quiet to rest our heads. Used the swimming pool, steam room and sauna which were excellent and partly the reason for choosing the Crowne Plaza over other Gatwick hotels. We also ate in the sports bar, I think 2 diet cokes and 2 chicken caesar salads came to £30 which I thought was a little on the steep side for what it was (but a decent salad none the less!).

It does feel like an airport hotel; the service on check-in was brisk and no-nonsense, which was ok but didn't leave us feeling as if we were on the verge of starting our honeymoon! I was impressed that we weren't charged for parking on check-out and the checking out process was far more personable.

I think the value of staying in this hotel is fantastic and would return if flying out of Gatwick again.