Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
US$84
US$103
  • Free Internet
2,225 results
All reviewsclub roomcube restaurantgatwick airportsteam roomaph parkingpurple parkingcar parkan upgradestandard roomnext morningstayed here for one nightbooked this hotelholiday extrasan early flightparking packagepre flight stayan overnight stay
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night and really enjoyed it! It is very conveniently located to gatwick and has ample parking. When booking in the (very friendly) receptionist pointed out their upgrades and extras, all very reasonably priced and it adds great value! We upgraded by adding several "extras" like breakfast and parking etc. and we were really impressed with the variety on offer and the flexibility of the terms, all their "deals" seem well thought out and like it was formulated with busy travelers in mind. The staff were really helpful and professional throughout our stay. The rooms are comfortable and had everything we needed, we had a great nights sleep and left for the airport the next day feeling well rested.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor with fellow travellers.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza,and you were able to take advantage of some of the special offers we have in place for any extras.

It is always nice to read that our staff have provided good customer service and you enjoyed a comfortable night with us,

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza for the night before our flight (early am departure), travelling over 2 hours from Leyton, London via public transport to Gatwick Airport where a very reassuring website had told us we would be picked up by "regular" shuttle bus and taken to the hotel.

When we eventually found the shuttle bus area (around 12am) it was a shambles! The time tables were out-dated and useless. Some kind soul had half-heartedly posted information about the changed bus numbers in one of the shelters (didn't find it until after 20minutes of standing around). There were contact details for some hotels on stickers on the outdated time-table board but none for the Crowne Plaza. Also tried searching for a phone number on my phone but had no luck. So waiting in suspense to wonder if we had missed the last bus or would one arrive any minute... Waited like this for just about an hour made friends with some other unlucky ones who had no idea when or if their shuttle would come. (One gentleman was disabled and had been waiting in the cold long before we came and was there long after.)

We cheered for joy when we saw our bus approach (1AM) and climbed aboard to be faced with a nice fee. First time I have ever had to pay for a hotel appointed shuttle bus (or so they make it sound on the website). When I tried to pay with a £20 note which was all I had in my purse the driver looked at me as if I had three heads. When I explained that I wasn't aware I had to pay so I didn't have any change he huffed and puffed and I could tell he was thinking hard, after a moment he began to look pained. To put him at ease I suggested that perhaps when he brought us to the hotel I could get change from the receptionists. He grunted and I assumed that was permission to board so we took a seat, gratefully.

Bone-weary, yet safe in the knowledge that in 5-10mins we would be cozy in bed I cozied down and waited. At the second terminal he stopped for any other crowne plaza guests. A family with children and numerous large bags stepped to the door and asked if he was going to the Ramada hotel. I grimaced in sympathy realizing that they would be waiting longer as this was solely a crowne plaza shuttle and then to my disbelief the driver waved them on. After another few minutes fussing with all their bags and children they sat down. Then the driver whistled and waved at me shouting "You can pay now." I was slightly shocked but paid the driver anyway and we continued our journey. I believed that perhaps the ramada was on the way to the crowne plaza...

TWENTY minutes later we arrive at the hotel.

The staff were very nice and when I asked about the issues with the shuttle bus the gentleman behind the desk grimaced and apologized. He said the driver shouldn't have picked up the other guests and that they had only recently changed around buses and routes etc. (Apparently this had happened before.)
I didn't hold him responsible as I have experience with similar situations and bus/taxi drivers are a law unto themselves (or so they like to think), however, considering the shuttle bus is part of the service they offer they should try to improve it as much as they can.

In reference to the hotel itself I didn't get a great look around as by this time we had to be up again in 4 hours so it was straight to the room and bed!

The room was great! All sparkling clean and such a COMFY bed! I thoroughly enjoyed the free biscuits and hot chocolate as I drifted off. The TV however was tiny and very blurry. Not a big deal for us as it was more background noise.

The wake up call was prompt but with that, much to my displeasure, we were too soon departing. I mourned that extra hour or so we wasted faffing about with the shuttle bus...

Check out was good, another nice member or staff. Would have been nice to see the breakfast but we were, understandably, too early.

The shuttle bus TO the airport was no problem there in less than 10mins!

I would like to try this hotel again in future, perhaps for a stop off on the way back from a holiday instead of going to one. Spend the day and enjoy it fully!

One thing is for sure though, I'll be getting a taxi!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Louise K

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am so sorry that you experienced some issues with the shuttle bus service, It has recently changed its schedule but unfortunately the Airport will not allow anyone to change any signage they have the sole rights to do this, so I am sorry if the information was out of date.

The Bus service is usually very good and the new time table has more buses and is more frequent so I am sorry that you had to wait.

I am pleased that once you arrived you did enjoy the rest of your stay. I do hope that you will use the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here as part of a package deal with parking for an early morning flight.
hotel ended up costing £20 on top of the normal parking charges.
Cant really say much apart from we had a well appointed room, check in and out was quick and efficient, staff were friendly.
Great location for airport. There was a small plaza by the cinema just a 10 minute walk and you have a selection of around 10 different restaurants should you not want to eat in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeteN84

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you had a nice room, and our staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is very close to town and this makes us a good choice if you want to take a stroll into the main shopping area or cinema complex.

I do hope that you will come back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Booked through APH and only cost a few pounds more than airport parking alone so decided it was worth it not to have to leave home early in the morning. For 17 days parking and the hotel it was under £70 so excellent value and was pleasantly surprised. There were even little extras like lavender relaxing spray for the pillows for a good nights sleep. Would highly recommend the hotel. Didn't eat or use the facilities so can't comment on those

• Stayed: April 2012
guestrelationslgw, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor following your stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and the facilities were to your liking and good value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed for one 1 night in April before an early flight to Las Vegas. Got a good deal with parking at hotel for 9 days. On arrival we upgraded to a club room for £30 and were given 24hr access to a lounge area where beverages (including alcoholic) were free and snacks such as fruit, crisps and nuts. Plus we were given a nicer room which was big and nicely decorated. We had a meal in the hotel restaurant and as with most of these type of hotels it was expensive for what we got but pleasant. The pool was small and overcrowded but we did go in there during peak time and there was also a kids swim lesson going on at same time. Jacuzzi was out of use for cleaning. We didn't have time to use the gym. Breakfast was good. Airport shuttle pick sup from directly outside hotel and runs evry half hour..think it was £3.60 per person. When we returned from Vegas hotel staff were very quick and efficient finalising my stay/parking anf getting my car keys. All the staff on the front desk were helpful and very friendly, would rate the vcustomer service highly. Would stay again if flying from Gatwick.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple