All reviews visited this hotel would stay again bit dated black pudding comfy bed excellent value for money good nights sleep
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Quite frankly needs a thorough clean and a lick of paint. You get what you pay for in terms of facilities (TV, kettle, bed, shower, cafeteria style food). However, the place is quite run down really. Toilet was clean. Doesn’t look like it has seen a vacuum, some bleach, limescale remover or a paint brush for a long while. Generally shabby and run down. The style of the rooms is otherwise nice and could have potential. However, unlikely to stay here again am afraid.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Was a bit sceptical when I read the reviews before arrival.But we found the hotel to be very good.Room was spotless,Maybe an average 3 course evening meal,but breakfast was faultless ,staff very friendly and accommodating, particularly the young lady behind the bar who was very pleasant and helpful .Overall a very nice stay..well done Brittania Bolton.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

They called me on arrival day to say that they were overbooked and would send me to a sister hotel several miles away. This was no good as we had consumed alcohol so could not drive and it was too far out so they offered a family room, which I thought great no problems at all. On arrival they still insisted on charging for two rooms which I challenged but they were insistent I pay for two rooms rate or they couldn’t let us stay. Very upset over this but hey it was a much bigger room they said so fair enough. I paid and went up to the room and well no other way to explain my feelings other than I cried like a baby. It was the most disgusting room I have ever seen. I work in hotels so Iv seen some shabby rooms but this wasn’t even a room. It was basically a filthy office they had put a bed in. I went to receptionist Vigy who said well I did offer to send you somewhere else! Hang on you had a room here that fit my party, you didn’t tell me I’d of been better off sleeping in the adjacent field! We had no choice but to stay as we had paid her already and she wouldn’t refund as apparently the hotel itself can’t authorise refunds and I would have to call customer services Monday. Called them to be told Vigy had lied and they can’t deal with refunds after departure day. They called through to tell hotel a refund was due to be told someone was dealing with it and would call back. They did but to offer me £60 of £160 back as they still had to pay housekeeping to clean room. Well they never did that before we got there!? I asked to speak to accounts so Vigy called through and they refused to speak to me and said take £80 or nothing! I took the £80 refund as it’s better than nothing but I am disgusted in the greed and treatment. Appalling hotel! Appalling staff! Avoid!

3  Thank lisamgalloway
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

This is without a doubt the worst hotel that I have ever been to in my entire life. I can’t even say that it’s the worst hotel that I stayed in because I checked back out of the room within 20 minutes of checking in. It was nothing like the pictures they advertised, it was dated like something from the 50’s and as I walked in I felt like I was walking into the Hotel California (never to walk back out again). I didn’t want to walk on the carpet with my bare feet let alone get into their prison style twin beds. I could only imagine what had slept in there before me. The bathroom was old and absolutely stunk. After finally forcing myself to lie down I was subject to the most grotesque noises coming from the room above (at least somebody was having fun). After attempting to drown it out with the TV in the room and by wrapping a pillow around my head whilst staring at a squashed dead fly on the wall, I realised that there was just no way I could stay there and I left. It’s also worth noting that upon check in another couple was checking out the night before they were supposed to. I should’ve taken note and walked straight back out again. I felt sorry for the staff as they were absolutely fine but truly this hotel doesn’t even deserve 1 star, you couldn’t pay me to go back.

3  Thank L I
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed last night as part of a coach trip so meal and breakfast was included. If your a fussy eater I think you'd struggle with the evening meal but the breakfast was really good. The staff make this hotel. The same staff worked the evening and morning we were there and they were so friendly and hard working. My husband said the lady on the bar at the evening deserves a mention because she was very nice. Granted the rooms are very dated, tiles missing, patches of paint, old furniture and not comfiest beds but it's very clean so we were more than happy with our stay. Fans of the happy hour.