Review Highlights
Better than Manchester Theatres

After attending many productions over the years I have never been disappointed with the Octagon... read more

Reviewed February 13, 2019
Yorshirerose
Bolton, United Kingdom
The Octagon Theatre

My wife and I went 5 times last year and a few times before that. One of the performances was... read more

Reviewed February 12, 2019
fishp0nd2018
Bolton, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews christmas carol jane eyre summer holiday season tickets front of house bar area is last friday high standard great night lovely atmosphere few times town centre value for money actors performance audience acting
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Not being a theatre luvie I really went to this not expecting much - I was wrong it was really brilliant .
The theatre itself could do with a bit of a makeover but was certainly very good if a little warm on this very cold night.
The performance was captivateing and although prob shakespeares best (argueably) was very enjoyable .
I may take in another couple of plays in the near future - prob a comedy or two .
I hope I enjoy as much as this place.
Has both a coffee bar and a drinks bar upstairs , i used the cofee bar, filter coffee is less than £2 again recomended.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Love the Octagon, always decent productions and nice atmosphere too, you are always close to the action.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Always agreat evenings entertainment
Booking seats easy and great views from most seats
Only downside...pricey drinks.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Have season tickets so see most performances here. Quality of acting really good and good variety of genre. Theatre itself need some improvement but this is due to be carried out this next season.
Bar good but prices here are really high!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I throughly enjoyed watching Hamlet at the Octagon Theatre, on a very freezing cold afternoon, with a depleted audience All the cast were extremely good, a very high standard, and no weak link! David Rcardo-Pearce however was mesmerising, and extremely engaging. I loved it! I love Shakespeare but, this was the fist time I have seen Hamlet. Definitely good direction from David Thacker.

Date of experience: February 2018