The Limes on the Green
Hotels.com
US$39
Travelodge
US$67
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewsoverlooking the greenfresh fruitblack puddingtea coffee facilitiestrain stationcomfortable bedfull english breakfastsoniaaga
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Sonia could not have been a more caring and attentive hostess. But don't get me wrong - she was not intrusive. Our elderly family dog was made most welcome too, which is important to us and one of the reasons we went there. The bed in the Attic room was 'delicious'! Pure comfort with the goosedown duvet. There was plenty of space too. Breakfasts were provided when you wanted, how you wanted - freshly cooked and delicious.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank AbbieCumbria
Reviewed November 21, 2009

My colleague recommended The Limes near Maidstone for my two night business trip. He was spot on.

Sonia and Steve were extremely friendly and more than happy to serve my breakfast at a very early hour both mornings. The food was delicious. My room was comfortable in every way, with wifi available. Power shower lived up to the job.
When I returned each evening I was fed really well at both pubs, The White Horse and The Royal Oak. Good local beer also.
All in all I would wholeheartedly recommend a stay at The Limes. My wife will be in for a treat when I get round to booking a weekend away for the two of us as I know she would love it and Sonia has also recommended the nearby Souffle restaurant as perfect for a romantic meal.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank murphypatch
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at Limes on the Green for two nights when attending a wedding in the Archbishop's Palace in Maidstone.

This Bed and Breakfast is situated in the beautiful village of Bearsted and rooms overlook the charming village green.

The hosts Sonia and Steve made us feel really welcome and met us at the railway station even though it is only five minutes walk from the The Limes.

Our room, the Loft Room, was spacious and well equipped and we got an excellent night's sleep on a very comfy bed.

The breakfast was amazing with freshly homemade jams, fresh fruit and a Full English including the best Black Pudding I have eaten in a long time.

Thoroughly recommended to anyone staying in the Maidstone area or looking for a beautiful quiet location for a romantic break.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The house is lovely and the rooms are spotless. The bed was very comfortable and roomy. There was no noise at night and the view across the green is most pleasant. The owners couldn't be more friendly and helpful. They provided a great selection of food at breakfast and there was lots of it.
We would definitely like to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

On my previous trips to the Maidstone area I stayed at the very special “Thurnham Old Rectory”. However, this time I found that it had closed and the very welcoming Sonia, who ran it, had moved a few miles down the road to Bearstead Green. She now runs “The Limes” which is a contrast to “Thurnham Old Rectory”. This house is much older. I think some 500 years with oak beams and low ceilings and packed with period furniture. All tastefully decorated in that special style of our host. The rooms are comfortable, have good quality linen and are spotlessly clean. As before, our host is very welcoming and provides those little extras that make your stay both relaxing and pleasurable. At breakfast you are spoilt for choice and its all good quality with large portions if wanted. I can recommend “The Limes” without hesitation to anyone travelling in this area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple