“Put simply - Excellent”

La Villetta
Ranked #1 of 358 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Reviewed April 13, 2018

This is a little gem. In a major city, there would be a waiting list as long as your arm. Refreshingly, not a pizza in sight, just good Italian food, well prepared, well cooked and delightfully served. Four of the party (of five) had Buffalo Mozzeralla with Parma Ham, I had the fishcakes with an Aubergine mash. Main courses were Lamb (2), Bistecca, Seafood Linguine and Zuppa de pesce. The two who had the Lamb Shank claimed it was the best they have ever had. The steak was a triumph, the linquine I would suspect was hand made and full of seafood and my Zuppa, with barley, was like a creamy risotto full of seafood and flavour. Everything about La Villeta is excellent and is deserving of praise. The portions are good and the pricing completely fair, given the standard of the food. I just have to think of another good reason to visit my clients in Maidstone !!! I fully accept that I have not been to anywhere else in the area, however, I strongly suspect that the ranking of No1 is not, in my view, without justification.

1  Thank philip g

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I attended La Villetta in March with my daughter and a colleague for lunch. The food was excellent and the service friendly and very good. It was mid-week and it deserved more support (there was only one other customer) given that the food was excellent. Whilst not having a specific vegan menu, they were more than willing to make a really good vegan dish for my daughter and my colleague was really pleased with her food. This is a real independent restaurant who couldn't do more for us. The deserve support.

1  Thank GeeCBee
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I went here on Good Friday and the food and service were first class. The menu is typical Italian dishes with plenty of variety to suit all tastes. I can't wait to find an excuse to returnn

1  Thank CliveofIndia1962
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We love this restaurant, so much that we invited our Italian friend. She was as impressed as us. The mussels were lovely and the seafood soup, containing tiger prawns, langoustines, shrimps , squid, mussells, clams and octopus was amazing. We will visit again soon.

1  Thank SteMar247
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Freshly cooked food with great service. Really enjoyed the whole experience. We will defiantly be returning.

1  Thank arg223