“Good and above average”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Maidstone
Ranked #227 of 344 Restaurants in Maidstone
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wish I could do rate this 3.5 stars instead of 4, because it was good rather than average or very good.
Did takeaway this time. Ordered from the app and collected. The app is good, comprehensive and straightforward to use.
The burgers are good, I really like the skinny fries and the milkshakes are very good, with loads of ice cream in them.
The staff are very polite and helpful, and were apologetic that my order wasn't ready when I turned up.
Unfortunately I have been to Five Guys which is much better than GBK. Given the choice between the two, there is no contest, Five Guys every time. There isn't a Five Guys too close to where I live otherwise I would have gone there. As it stands, this is good but not great.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I thought I would give myself a treat and try this out for my Birthday. The atmosphere was one of chaps and it was very hard to have a conversation. I felt packed in and claustrophobic. It didn't help that the waitress hadn't grasped the concept of balancing drinks on a tray, dropping them all on a vacant seat on our table. I think we deserved a freebee drink or some nibbles for that.
The food was ok. Not amazing and I came away feeling I had grabbed a bite to eat before I jumped on a train. Rushed and a bit dazed. I will not be returning.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Good food good service. The kids Loved the food. Good portion to make everyone happy.
How ever the toilets were not in a good state. Did not look like they have had a good clean for a good few days a large build up of grim around the edging of the floor. And the toilet it's self was very dirty.
Reported it and they did send someone in to clean them while we were still there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We like it here, burgers are good and we have no complaints on service, etc. We are regulars! Kids enjoy it which is a big plus. My only criticism if any is the price of the sides, I think it was £3.65 for a small side of coleslaw! Other that that, excellent.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Had to wait 40 minutes for our burger meal, which when delivered to the table was incorrect, not what I had ordered. Food on the floor from previous customers, the Restaurant wasn't that busy at the time, food on the floor is a hazard.

The cost of the food was high and the service poor, would not go again. Burger King is next door where the service is good and quick and half the cost of Gourmet Burger Kitchen, the only downside is the lack of seating.