attended a conference here; I was only there for the afternoon, so can't make any comment on the accommodation. However, I was astonished to find - when almost every pub, cafe and coffee shop in the land can manage to provide it for free! - that guests and visitors have to pay to use the wifi; I found this particularly mean-spirited as I had just been charged £3.50 for a very indifferent cup of coffee whilst I waited 10 minutes or so for my colleagues.
To add insult to injury, I was charged (at Reception, the only place, it seemed, where I could buy cigarettes) £7.50 for a packet of B&H (from a very limited choice) - and then to find, after I'd paid, it was one of those vending packs containing only 16 cigarettes.
After the conference ended, 2 colleagues and I ordered some drinks (only water, nothing complicated) while we had a 30-minute debrief in the lounge area. Despite the fact that the place was by now practically desterted, the drinks never arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Maidstone hotel is within easy reach of the town centre and the M20 motorway. The hotel has a health club with indoor pool, treatment room and a sauna. Enjoy Seasons Restaurant and The Court Bar, or do business in the 8 meeting rooms. Nearby Kent attractions include Chatham Historic Dockyard, Historic Rochester, Leeds Castle and Kent Life.We have also been awarded Silver for Green Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maidstone Hotel Maidstone
- Hilton International Maidstone
- Maidstone Hilton International
- Hilton Maidstone UK - Kent