“Great stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Watton, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Went to this hilton hotel on tuesday 6th march, we were greeted with a genuine smile from a helpful member of staff. The room was clean, tidy and most of all warm and quiet.We went to the restaurant that evening, again staff polite and helpful. The meals were great value and very good. Breakfast was a treat and i now will have to diet . we stayed for two nights and would recommend this hotel for anybody wishing to a short break.

Room Tip: Room 222 was quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review and recomendation, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hi, we had a party of 11 at the hotel yesterday we stayed over and arranged a table in their restaurant. We were left for 10 minutes before any sign of the waiter and then when he did appear he could hardly speak english and could not understand our orders! We finally ordered and the waited 40 minutes for our drinks. Another ten minutes for our starters that were nothing better than average. Another 40 minutes later our main meals arrived with two meals being cold, the steak and the duck! The assistant manger then came over to apologise but I really did not want another meal, yes the manager kept insisting but i sill said no. We waited another 40 minutes for the desserts which we had to chase up. Overall, really poor and despite trying to do all the right things the assistant manager made things worse by not even checking our bill before issuing it to us - one main too many one starter too many and expected me to pay for the duck! Very very poor for a supposed Hilton hotel. The hotel itself was very pleasant and rooms good and the bar staff tried. Breakfast in the morning was excellent to finish a very poor stay on a high. The food spoilt my fathers 70th birthday celebration!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Steve,
Thank you for letting us know that you found our hotel “very pleasant, the rooms good and the breakfast excellent”. I am also happy to read that the team tried everything they could to meet your expectations; however I am sorry that their best efforts were not enough for you in this occasion. Please accept my apologies and rest assured that your feedback has been heard and shared with the team.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am confident that we can provide a fulfilling customer experience in all aspects of our service.
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Little bit late posting this, but stayed for one night in December.

Found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to be pleasant.
The room was of a decent size, clean and in good order.

The breakfast was the typically good Hilton variety, with plenty of
choices.

Would definitely stay again when I'm back in Maidstone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moodyb
Dear Moodyb,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback and indeed for not forgetting us! I will let the team know about your review.
Also good to read that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you again.
Kent
Reviewed 3 March 2012

attended a conference here; I was only there for the afternoon, so can't make any comment on the accommodation. However, I was astonished to find - when almost every pub, cafe and coffee shop in the land can manage to provide it for free! - that guests and visitors have to pay to use the wifi; I found this particularly mean-spirited as I had just been charged £3.50 for a very indifferent cup of coffee whilst I waited 10 minutes or so for my colleagues.
To add insult to injury, I was charged (at Reception, the only place, it seemed, where I could buy cigarettes) £7.50 for a packet of B&H (from a very limited choice) - and then to find, after I'd paid, it was one of those vending packs containing only 16 cigarettes.
After the conference ended, 2 colleagues and I ordered some drinks (only water, nothing complicated) while we had a 30-minute debrief in the lounge area. Despite the fact that the place was by now practically desterted, the drinks never arrived.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear reviewer,

I am sorry that you were not aware, however we do charge for our services.

Hotel Manger
Stratford on Avon. England
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Clean tidy and very large room.
Perhaps a little noisy as my room faced the main road.
Shower was very powerful.
Staff were really helpful in many ways.
Made me a sandwich as I had to leave early.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 229 is on the first floor. Very large clean and tidy. Faces the road so a bit noisy. Two double beds...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Gill,

Thank you for your review and recomendation, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and would come back, I hope you do so in the not so distant future.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The hotel is very well situated with motorway connections close by .
On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and welcoming .
Rooms were large and comfortable .
Breakfast was very good , with a big choice of dishes both hot and cold .

Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Stevecho,

Thank you for taking the time to recomend us and share your good experience during your stay, I am pleased to read you would come back, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here for one night and decided after not being able to get any sleep that we would have been better making the trip without the stopover!

This Hilton is not of a standard that you would expect of a Hilton since you would assume them to be of an average standard right the way through the group.

Staff were fine, Food overcooked cremated burger!
Room rather basic and not what was expected did not feel like a Hilton at all.

Pool really good and staff very helpful.

Will not stay here again

Room Tip: We had a twin room on the ground floor think you would be better on the top floor. Noise carries bad...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear reviewer,
I am sorry to read that you were inconvenienced by noise during your stay. You don’t mention if you brought it to the attention of our team but I am sure they would have done something about it. Thank you for the praises to the service, cleanliness and pool, I am glad that there were aspects of your stay that you enjoyed.

Once again I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, however we do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone, as I am confident that we can provide a good guest experience and change your perception.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
3.5 km away
3.1 km away
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!