“Fantastic food”

Ranked #23 of 358 Restaurants in Maidstone
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Such a good breakfast, no grease at all! Cater for all food preferences/allergies! Love coming here! Independent cafe which is well worth a visit

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Visited here with my two boys recently, and whilst most of the food was very good, the chips were disappointing. I can't speak for other children, but my two (and me) expected rectangular shaped chips, what we got was skin-on potatoes cut into chunks (photo posted), I guess I can best describe them as 'artisan chips'. I mentioned it to one of the staff, she was lovely and said that they usually get complimented on them, I said, yes, they were very nice... but chips they are not.
Also, our table was slightly grubby, nothing major, but not totally clean.
Staff were lovely.

Kirsty L, Public Relations Manager at The Living Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Hi there! Thanks for your review, after your feedback about the chips, we swiftly went and purchased ‘proper chips’ for the kids, when ordering you’ll be given the option as many people do prefer the hand cut ones. As new owners were still getting to grips with the place and what people like and dislike so all comments welcome! Thank you and hope to see you in the cafe again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

An excellent place to go for lunch with a good selection of food, including vegetarian options. Friendly staff, good prices. The only downside is that because it's so good it's also quite crowded!

Would highly recommend if looking for a bite to eat in Maidstone town centre.

Kirsty L, Public Relations Manager at The Living Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thanks for your positive review! Look forward to seeing you in the cafe soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2018

A really nice place to eat. Comfortably the best cafe in town! Will certainly be a regular here. Would recommend!

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited this cafe a few times over past years. It’s changed it’s name and it’s owners during this time and I was therefore delighted last week when I popped in for lunch, to find it’s completely refreshed! The staff were attentive, the food amazing and everything was spotlessly clean! In these days of large chain outlets, it’s rare to find such a jewel in their midst. I’m an advocate of independent, local businesses and so pleased with this gem!