“Delish”

Zizzi - Maidstone
Ranked #93 of 347 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Maidstone features its own traditional, wood fired pizza oven, sparkling olive vats and plenty of other interesting details influenced by the local area. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I'm a vegetarian and my boyfriend is a coeliac so it's sometimes hard to find somewhere with a good menu, but this restaurant had plenty of good options for us and the food was lovely when it came. There was fast service and the meal was reasonably priced would definately recommend this place. The staff were also very welcoming and helpful!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We took a range of ages from 10 to 60 and all found something we liked. The children’s menu looked good but our youngest child decided on pizza from the main menu instead.

We had two types of filled pasta - both available choices were vegetarian and very different.

The pizzas were nice and a variety of the thinner, more expensive ‘rustica’ style that they do and simple classic versions.

My husband had the only meat dish which seemed to be a type of hanging skewer of meat and other - he really liked it. Puddings were good - the strawberry sorbet was more of an ice cream texture than ice.

Toilets here are upstairs. There’s a small bar area to wait in and tables are fairly well spaced. Parking is very easy in the multi storey a couple of minutes walk away. Service was friendly and efficient and not intrusive at all.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Thank you for a lovely meal out! We haven't booked in advance so just tried our luck. The ladies at the entrance were proficient and sat us in less than 2 mins. Order taken in another 5 mins. Food served on time. Lovely Fritto Misto starter. I had Prawn Linguini, daughter had Kids Menu and Hubby had Pizza. All of them very good in a nice atmosphere. Thank you to the lovely hungarian waitress as well as to Carly! Brilliant service!
We will be back!

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

fantastic clean restaurant with good visible kitchen.Staff a polite and helpful. will be eating here more often

1  Thank Mrminger
Reviewed March 11, 2018

My lovely daughters took me here for mother’s day ....the waiter....!! Wait....he couldn’t wait .or rather he couldn’t wait to get rid of everyone more like!!
”what you want drink”.
“A pint of foaming ale please” I said happily
“We don’t have it ..you have peroni!”
“Ermmmm...”I don’t really like peroni...”
“ That’s all we got ...look at menu,”.....Spoilt for choice I decided on tap water....then ordered our food...
the food arrived !! Good Lord!! What self respecting Italian serves a bowl of spaghetti with an entire ball of mozzarella on top....I didn’t know weather to eat it or start playing cricket!!..the poor spaghetti was drowning in a pool of luke warm water it looked as though it had given up the will to live as pasta and decided to retrain as soggy indigestible wool! No...we didn’t eat it and No We didn’t dare ask for desert,,!...

5  Thank annglaister