“Lamb on the Spit.”

Add it.
The Plough Inn
Ranked #210 of 350 Restaurants in Maidstone
Reviewed June 23, 2016

The family and i had a great meal here last Sunday. Fresh lamb turned on the spit was really good and wee all enjoyed it. The service was friendly and its obversely a family run pub restaurant. looking at the some of the previous reviews it s seem the Plough might have had a few teething troubles but we enjoyed the experience and will be visiting again when we are next in the area.

A

Reviewed June 9, 2016

Dimitri couldn't do enough for us. I am afraid my husband and I were a little late arriving but that was not a problem for them. We were a table of six, food was excellent, service very good and the fish pie was made and cooked while we waited. My sister-in-law said that it was really good, she eat every bit. We didn't mind the wait, it wasn't that long and as we were chatting was not a bother. The food was worth waiting for. We all had a lovely evening, made to feel so welcome. Going back again in about two weeks - taking some friends for lunch. Give it a try, it is worth it. Better than those ready made frozen meals that you get in other pubs. All the food was cooked to order so fresh food not fast - lovely

Reviewed May 9, 2016

We went there Saturday night. Very disappointed that most things came with chips. I've had lovely Greek food before and chips was not part of it at all. We waited a very long time for our meal. Three of us had Moussaka, it was so dry it was hard to swallow. A table of about 9 had to remind them for their drinks, another couple complained about the wait. Another couple must have waited at least 45 minutes for any food at all. It has no Greek feel about it at all. The chairs at our table were either broken or very saggy and uncomfortable. It's somewhere I've looked forward to going to for a while, on the outside it looks appealing. Unfortunately I shan't be going back.

1  Thank Jandy P
Reviewed May 4, 2016

Visited with a friend at lunchtime on 4th May 2016. We had stuffed vine leaves, grilled haloumi, king prawns on the skewer and lamb kleftiko. Everything was cooked beautifully and had the authentic taste of Greece - even the chips! Lovely decor, great service and excellent Harvey's Sussex Best ale. English dishes are available for anyone who does not like Greek cuisine. Well recommended. Not my first visit and will not be my last.

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I were going to a different pub for lunch but as this one had recently been refurbished and the lunch menu displayed outside looked OK and reasonably priced, we thought we'd give it a go. We were the only people in there, in fact no one else came in at all while we were there!
The restaurant looked quite nice although very cold, in fact uncomfortably cold. The menu is quite nice but the lunch time special menu was priced differently to the board outside. When I questioned it the waitress was hesitant but then said that it was the OAP price shown outside. Maybe I just hadn't seen it. My soup wasn't very nice at all. It was full of hard inedible stringy fibres. My friend was very disappointed with her main course. The Guinea foul was tough and there appeared to be no red wine in the red wine sauce, just gravy.
We were offered water with our meal. Although the water bottle was clean it was covered in water marks. I wouldn't have used a bottle like that at home without giving a bit of a polish so was a bit disappointed to have water served in one like that in a restaurant.
My friend doesn't like to complain at all so we paid and left. I looked at the menu board as we left and there is no mention that it's an OAP price at all. We paid £4 each more than advertised for our meal that was really only OK! Feel ripped off.
Wish we'd driven on to the next pub but hey ho, we could have walked out but didn't. There's always a reason a pubs empty!