“Recently opened and now closed”
Review of The Plough Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Plough Inn
Ranked #210 of 359 Restaurants in Maidstone
Reviewed November 13, 2017

They opened this pub again after a long period of closure, so I thought I would give it a try. I was the only person in there at luchtime. There was no music, no atmosphere and just sandwiches on the menu. I sat and had a pint & I nearly died of boredom. I not surprised it closed shortly after, Which is a shame for the village. But at least there is another pub down the road that has got a lot of atmosphere - The George.

1  Thank David B

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Did not feel like cooking lunch so checked out local places to eat on the internet and found the "Plough at Langley" Phoned to make a reservation at 11.30am. and was offered a few time slots,we choose 1.45pm. On our arrival we were greeted by a friendly lady who took us straight our table. The restaurant was warm not overcrowded, we were seated and our order taken promptly.The food arrived in good time and was hot and plentiful. We both had the "Sunday Roast Beef" The menu offers a roast and desert for £17 pounds. We choose the toffee and date pudding and the chocolate fondue with strawberry, raspberry and marshmellows,both deserts were good. There were plenty of staff and all were very polite and friendly and made our visit very pleasant

Reviewed May 29, 2017

We popped by as we were staying at nearby Welsummer campsite. What a lovely find! A great beer garden situated in a quiet little village. Dog friendly, friendly bar staff and locals. We'll definitely pop back back!

1  Thank Carly G
Reviewed July 5, 2016

This should be on everyone's list of places to eat. The food is amazing, the service first class and when the sun is shining, the outside area is wonderful. I have been twice now, first time was with friends for dinner. I had the homemade moussaka which brought back memories of my younger days visiting Greek Islands - it was beautiful. The second time was for Sunday lunch. The lamb on the spit just melted in my mouth, together with the fresh vegetables and potatoes, was just a wonderful experience. We are going back again this weekend ...

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

We have visited the pub a few times now and each time made to feel very welcome and the staff have been really helpful with the children. Food is great and very relaxed atmosphere. Lovely little pub.

1  Thank lizzimar