“Worst meal ever”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #214 of 356 Restaurants in Walsall
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I took my parents here last night as i always rate it as my favourite restaraunt.Last nights visit have definitely changed that. From the moment we arrived it was clear that the place was busier than the waittessing staff could manage. We had booked a table however were told to wait...3 walk ins were sat before us. When we finally were bought to our table we had no menus, no cutlery and it was clear the table had not been cleared appropriately.

We then sat for 10 minutes...with no menus only to have to shout down a waitress to get us some. This waitress did not conseal her disgust at being asked very well at all. What happened next was the only small saving grace of the night. The waiter we had was lovely. Although clearly over worked and having visited many times before ibwas aware that he was not waiting staff but rather bar staff. He was attentive and refilled our drinks without us even having to ask.

Unfortunately the good stuff ended with him. We were sat in the booth next to the service area where we witnessed for sat there for some 30 minutes plus, staff touching the food and lifting burger suns. Management (i assume as she was wearing red instead of black) simply shouting at staff and breathing all over peoples food. Another waitress (also possible manager) crying and arguing with waiters. And multiple customer complaints. For which many of the waitresses felt the need to stand and slag off the customers to each other.

When we were eventually served food it was cold and had clearly been sat on the hot plate for a good while.

Whilst sat next to the kitchen not one member of staff seen cooking the food had hair nets or beard nets on. Despite rocking very long ponytails.

Overall this was an awful experience and was enough to ensure that i will not be returning to this "restaraunt" and would not recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank Jes B

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited here on Monday , and will never be returning. We eat out often and I have never experienced service as terrible as this. The waitress was shocking, not smiling , miserable and was annoyed if we asked for anything. We asked for some more drinks and I asked for a coke before I could ask for more drinks she had already walked off, she did this twice. I asked for a children’s colouring pack and her reply was “ I’ve only just come on shift , I don’t know whether we have any.” Another waitress brought one over. The food was average , nothing special. We paid our bill and asked the waitress if we could speak to the manager. While we were speaking to the manager (who was very nice and apologetic) the waitress (if you can call her that) was talking about us to another member of staff. Very unprofessional and rude . We will not be returning.

2  Thank Hayleymj
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We went to TGI for an anniversary meal and had already pre booked, it was good Friday so it was very busy, but our table was still ready for us with only a few minutes to wait.

We waited at the bar and ordered some drinks, I asked for a diet coke without ice and was told that coke wasn't on refill.. I corrected the order as I hadn't ordered a regular coke, and then got the diet coke with ice though I'd asked twice for NO ICE!
The bar staff were really friendly though listening skills leave a lot to be desired.

Restaurant staff were great and very nice, they were really quick to take our order and friendly. We ordered a cheeseburger with fries and vegetable skewers with sweet potato fries. The orders were mixed up and the wrong fruits came with each order, easily fixed as the fries come in bags on the plate,and we switched, but there was no apology offered by the server for the mishap.

Food was really delicious and we really enjoyed our meals, 3 different servers checked our meals were okay during the meal. Very attentive and very good service.

We were pleased with our visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I went in the lunch time and the service was not the best. It was very slow but the food was very nice. I had the tgi Friday birthday song so I was pleased and the pudding was nice. We had a party of 10 and the bill of 117 was not at all bad. An area for the kids to play would be a big bonus as it's had to keep them occupied when the service is so slow.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Firstly, I am not impressed with the new addition to the online booking system - now, when you book a table for a specific time, the system comes up saying "please note you must vacate this table by . . . " and then give you the time an hour and a half later. Considering the food there is not cheap and people don't want to be clock-watching whilst enjoying a meal out, only allowing customers 90 minutes to eat is appalling!!! Interestingly when I looked up the TGIs in Sutton, there was no such ridiculous rule on their online booking system. So this suggests the stupid 90 minutes max is only in place in certain restaurants, not across the whole brand, (no consistency there)!

The service here was good, and the food we had was nice, although not really worth the price and there are hardly any vegetarian options that aren't spicy. Problems were: the table was too small for 4 people and the music volume. There was so little space where we were sat that I had to put my coat on the floor under the table, as there was no room left along the booth to store it! When the food came, they struggled to fit it on the table, as well as our drinks and condiments. The music was far too loud, so much so that we couldn't talk across the table without yelling to each other! It resulted in us leaving after mains (we were intending to have puddings at TGIs but due to the raucous atmosphere, we decided to leave and had desserts at Creams instead, a few doors away.) I'd like TGIs to think about how they treat customers - you lost £20 of our custom that we would have spent on puddings if the music was at a reasonable level. Also, the fact you're having the nerve to tell customers how long you're willing to give them on their meal/evening out, is pretty disgusting and just demonstrates greed of wanting to get more people in and make more money, without caring enough about customer experience and the reputation of your restaurant!