Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
1,819 results
All reviewsthe upper deckvictory pubclub roomthe verveleisure facilitiessky moviescoffee machinesteam roomgreat facilitieslovely hotelwould stay againcomfy bedexcellent stayself servicesaturday nightgood nights sleepfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just stayed here for two nights whilst attending a course.
Hotel itself is clean, comfortable and with very pleasant and helpful staff.
Picked this hotel as I could and did use their Pool, Spa , Steam and Sauna.
This was included in my price as I booked a club room. Paid £250 for both nights includes breakfast and dinner. ( dinner from a "set menu") which was fine.
No complaints so far...
However.... The hotel itself is situated very very close to the M6 as well as a multitude of slip roads and other major roads to and from it.
The noise from the traffic is constant ALL night. I assume ALL day to, as when I return to my room at around 1530hrs its the same. I am writing this review at 0630hrs and looking out my window it looks like the traffic in London city centre at peak times!
I honestly do not beleive there is a peak time here for traffic.
The room I had was a club. Lovely room.
But... I was in room 212, at the front and located directly above the only ( outdoor) smoking area.
Again, constant noise from smokers below during the night, which went on until around 0100hrs each morning.
I noticed the room has no Air conditioning, they supply a wee desk fan only!
God only knows how one would get on in the summer months as if you opened
your room window then the traffic noise, cigarette smells and smokers chatter would surely ensure you got NO rest at all.
Just to add insult to injury, you have guests coming and going continually through the night banging doors too.
So, the hotel itself is fine as is the staff, but, you will get no rest at all if you are placed at the front on level 1, 2 or 3 , or rooms 112, 212 or 313.
I definitely will never stay here again due to the traffic noise. Worst I have ever experienced in all my travels both home and overseas.
See there is a Holiday Inn hotel just accross the car park, they are literally backing onto the motorway!!!!! Shudder to think what that is like.
AVOID if you can.
Suggestions to management.
1. Install triple glazed windows.
2, Install AC.
3, Relocate the smoking area or better still Remove it from thr hotel premises.
Stayed mid week, two nights

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Martin J, General Manager at Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Royston,
Thank you for your review of Village Hotel Walsall.
Your feedback is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business.
I am sorry to read from your review that you were unhappy with your stay and the amount of noise. I will be discussing the points you have raised with the team.
If you do choose to return to the hotel in the future we do have quieter rooms at the back of the hotel we could allocate for you
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely hotel, very clean with friendly and helpful staff. I will stay again and recommend to family and friends. We like this hotel because it has a good atmosphere but also has that quiet air where you can relax and feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of Village Hotel Walsall.
I was pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. The staff will be so pleased to learn you found them friendly and helpful. I will pass on your positive feedback to the team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times. Check in and out is by iPad so very quick; the bar and restaurant have good food and a nice atmosphere. The rooms are always spotless and beds very comfy. They have a Starbucks on site which is always good before work!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Louise,
Thank you for your recent review of Village Hotel Walsall.
I was pleased to read from your review that you are a regular guest and always enjoy your stay with us. I will pass on your positive feedback to the team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights, lovely hotel good vibes pub buzzing. My room excellent very comfy bed and everything clean and tidy. Loved the sky channels on Tv, staff friendly especially the room cleaner. Leisure club was amazing so many ways to relax and keep fit if that’s for you.Will be returning when I get a chance. It really has everything you need for a relaxing stay

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Julesey1978

Dear Julesey,
Thank you for your recent review of Village Hotel Walsall.
I was pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our leisure club. I will pass on your positive feedback to the team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The 2nd time we have stoped here when we arrived this time found the reception been taken away and been placed with 4 check in ipads which I really didn't like as it's not very personal that is my only moan. On the very good side to this place staff are so lovely and friendly nothing was to much trouble. The swimming pool was lovely and warm and so was spa. We ordered fish and chips at the pub bar and it was huge 9.95 each well worth it. Beds are massive and very comfy with sky and big tv in your room docking station tea coffee making facilities not to mention Starbucks on site. We had the breakfast in the morning and we are looking to go back for a tribute night now all in all very relaxing weekend just what I needed to unwind from work and the pina colda was lush

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nessy,
Thank you for your recent review of Village Hotel Walsall.
I was pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and found the staff lovely and friendly. We have an extensive range of tribute nights, details can be found on our website. I will pass on your positive feedback to the team.