2,041 results
All reviewsmanor housegolf coursedeluxe roombar priceslovely hotelold houseplay golfspa facilitiesan upgradelovely groundswedding partysteam roomafternoon tearestaurant staffrelaxing stayreception staffbar area
Reviewed February 20, 2018

When we arrived we asked for a king size bed as we are both tall, (we had been assigned a deluxe room with double bed) but the receptionist kindly moved us to a twin which could be zipped up to make a king size. Not long after we got into the room someone came to remake the beds for us ` efficiency which we appreciated. The beds are a bit hard but not too bad.

The food was good - we ate in the restauant one night and had a good meal with very good service,particularly from the young waiter. The drinks were a bit expensive - £7 for a small glass of prosecco. The breakfasts were good but I ordered eggs benedict on the last morning but it turned out to be an 'egg benedict' and although it had hollandaise sauce it was dressed with balsamic and some green liquid which I couldn't identify. Disappointing.

Overall a good stay though.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel having had a strenuous journey with traffic and our frayed nerves needing a well earned break.
Immediately as i walked into reception there were 2 discarded crisp packets on the left hand table. We went to reception and were suitably impressed by the lady at reception. She checked us in and without us having to ask gave us 2 keys. I had asked for quiet rooms near our friends who checked in before us. We were surprised to find that our Deluxe room was what i would call a standard, but it had a balcony so i think they must have thought this made up for it. I was disappointed and with the fact that we had recommended it to a friend i was sad to feel let down.
The 4 of us booked the restaurant as we were told it was advisable. We had an early sitting and were seated before they checked our request for a quiet table, however a lovely touch the Restaurant Manager did come over and check if we were happy with the table or we could have the option to move. After dinner we asked to have coffee in the bar area but were drowned out by a party with children. The Restaurant Manager again kindly picked up on this and kindly gave us our quiet table back until we wanted to leave. Top marks & Thank You.
The food was good and i had healthy portions but my husband and one of our guests had the Bang Bang Chicken which consisted of 3 pieces of chicken and a good salad ideal for me but not for a grown man.
I had the salmon which was perfect but again my husband lost out as his burger was overcooked and dry. The puddings looked great on the menu so my husband had the bread & butter pud which was nice & moist but clearly had seen a microwave.
The coffee ordered was ok but it was rather like warm liquid tar and slightly ruined the meal. The restaurant staff were kind humorous and polite in all they were excellent and a young waiter did all he could to please. However if i would make one comment, some of the staff could have had shirts that fitted a little better.
In short a lovely hotel, staff clearly enjoy working here. Some minor touches to wallpaper by the lift but nothing major and the shower pressure could have been better. In all loved our stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Dear Susan M

Thanks so much for posting a review of your recent stay here with your friends.

I'm pleased to read that you had an easy check in. We do have different room types in the Hotel, standard Hilton Guest Rooms, Double deluxe plus rooms and suites I was sorry to hear you were disappointed with your rooms.

On a positive note I am pleased to read that our restaurant manager looked after you well and thank you for pointing out the issue with the shower pressure and maintenance issue by the lift.

I do hope that you will return with your friends at some time in the near future and if there is anything you feel I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this very pleasant and comfortable hotel for one night. . It was clean and all the staff we encountered were polite and friendly.
Our room was a deluxe 227 but it was really quite small . We sadly had very noisy neighbours and we asked for a quiet room . This of course was not the hotels fault .
Our dinner was ok nothing really exciting but a couple dishes stood out . The duck spring roll and salmon. My burger was cremated and my friend’s steak was not worth the£5 supplement , it was tiny . My bread and butter pudding was hot at the top and lukewarm after 2 small mouthfuls . The coffee wasn’t great either . Breakfast this morning was a pleasant experience. The buffet was well organised with plenty of choices.
In summing up we will stay here again and will recommend it to our friends.

Stayed: February 2018
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear Rupert C

Thanks for posting a review of your recent night away and meeting up with friends here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.

I'm pleased to read that you found our staff polite and friendly.

Thanks also for your feedback on the food served to you at dinner, I will certainly relay this to Head Chef.

Good to hear that you will be staying again and thanks also for recommending us to future guests.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at Puckrup Hall many times and every stay has been pleasurable. The staff are professional and welcoming.
Our room overlooked the golf course but was close to lifts and reception. It was warm and cosy.
The only fault was on one occasion the housekeeping failed to clean the room but this was remedied fairly quickly.
We had good value for money with an excellent breakfast.
The restaurant has been recently refurbished and is spacious and pleasant.
The breakfast menu has changed too with more variety and healthy eating options such as fruits, porridge and extra choices for Hilton honors members.These include eggs Benedict and eggs Florentine which may be cooked to order.
The free wi fi worked as it should in all areas that were tried.
The car parks were fairly full but we were able to park easily.
The leisure facilities are good with a fullish range of gym machines which were all working.
The changing rooms were clean and tidy.
Puckrup is close to the motorway and about 3 miles from Tewkesbury where there is a decent range of supermarkets and local restaurants and amenities. It is close enough to visit the Cotswolds and many other places of interest.
We enjoyed our break and would recommend the hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2018

We stayed here for a short break away in the Malverns. The hotel rooms are a little dated but still comfortable and clean. The breakfast was excellent. Pool is great. Nice location just a short drive from Tewkesbury and easy to get to the Malverns.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Katy O

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall.

Great to read you enjoyed your stay here and in particular the breakfast and leisure facilities.

I'm pleased to read also that you found our location ideal for your base to get to the Malverns.

Hopefully, we can look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards.