“Another comfortable Clone hotel”

Legacy Preston International
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed 29 April 2011

As part of a railtour we had a one night stay in this clean, fairly modern hotel situated in a bleak part of Preston near student residences.It is difficult to tell the difference from the outside but inside everything was neat, tidy and comfortable. Our room, with bathroom attacted, overlooked a busy road (Bad) and the railway tracks to Preston station (good for raifans)

Room Tip: For a quieter room ask for an East side room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ibrahim11
There are newer reviews for Legacy Preston International

Reviewed 1 April 2011

A modern hotel in a quite location (on a sunday) close to the city centre.
I had a nice comfortable and clean room the staff were friendly. The breakfast was English style not a lot of choice but plenty of it.

Room Tip: About 5 minutes from Friargate.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Not easy to find the hotel with sat nav because of the one way system and poor signposting of the hotel. Room was comfortable, although street noise a little instrusive. Shower over the bath was good but the shower curtain not very effective. Breakfast was excellent, good selection and freshly cooked. We ate in therestaurant both nights and I was disappointed to see that the menu did not vary - another fish option would have been appreciated in addition to the spaghetti/prawn dish. For a limited stay it was very good, though and all staff were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Having read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I was a bit anxious about staying here, but we did, and it was all OK, warm, welcoming and friendly.

We got a very friendly and helpful welcome. Very quick check in. No problems there.

I read about the potential noise so I specifically asked for a 'quiet room', that request was fulfilled and we had a very peaceful night. No problems there.

We didn't use 'sat nav' to find the hotel but followed the road signage, and got there with out a problem. However, the signage actually on the hotel isn't massive or very big - I think Legacy could do a bit better here.

The room was very clean and well presented, the bed very comfy. A really good shower. Nice and warm. Great TV. No problems there.

The breakfast was good. The usual (predictable stuff), but fresh and well presented. So no problems there.

Location is good - close to town, station, uni, shops, pub restaurants etc. Very handy.

So at the end of this - why was our experience all ok, and others had a bad time? Who knows, but we were very happy and satisfied.

Only 2 suggestions to hotel management. 1. Don't bother with the background' music at breakfast. Peace and quiet or the gentle mumble of people chattering is all that is needed. This ever present background music thing is awful! 2. The room had suffered a few paintwork scuffs and there was a tiny narrow gap appearing between the bath and wall, and the same around the door frame. A little squirt of white silicone or the like would solve the problem.

So, it was all good and I'd not hesitate in staying there again, and I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

My stay started off wrong when I booked this hotel, charged nearly £4.00 for using a credit card to book. (Unfortunately my company doesn't supply a debit card for expenses!!) Nightmare to find, had a meal in their restaurant which is over priced for what you get and then they tried to charge another £4.00 to pay by credit card on a meal that cost £12.00!! When I refused the waiter had to go to the manager who agreed to waive the charge (Only after checking to see if I had paid for the reservation with a credit card already!)
The rooms on the side with the dual carraigeway ARE NOISY. My room had a gap where the window meets the cill of about 10mm and this was draughty which thereore means the noise gets in as well. (Poor snagging checks when the building was built) too many negatives to remember any positives!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We stayed in Preston for one night to visit my niece at University.
This hotel is in walking distance to the railway station, town centre and the University so well located and easy to find.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Also safe, with security monitoring all people coming in late at night.

Not luxury but it does its job at the right price.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 29 January 2011

My trip to Preston turned into a nightmare the minute I stepped foot into the Preston International Hotel FACT!!! The attitude and level of service from the staff is disgusting, I was treated like a criminal because I used £50 notes to pay for the room. I was called into the office on my second day of the trip where I was asked to produce one of my £50 notes and wait in the foyer while it was examined (this is British legal tender not pieces of gold). I was disgusted with this but I put it behind me and thought, well maybe they have had a lot of fake notes so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I was In my room getting freshened up one evening when I accidental cut my finger (quite badly) in the bathroom. At this point I called down to reception and asked if they had a plaster available, they said 'yes', I asked If they could you please have someone bring it up for me, I was told 'No'. I was disgusted by this at this point I'd spent over £140 there and bringing a plaster was above and beyond for them which they where not willing to go. Earlier that day (Friday) I took some of my washing down to be washed and dried. This was sat behind the reception, I was not informed it was ready it had been there 24hrs the new receptionist had no idea about it. This was the final straw for me my trip was from Thursday till Tuesday but I had to cut it short, by Sunday I was so fed up I travelled back to my home in London where I get treat like a normal human being. Another thing which really annoyed me I called down to reception and was told that if I wanted to extend my stay It would cost £49.50, When I went down the next day to do just that the price had gone up to £70.50???? How could this be the gentlemen told me £49.50 less than 24hrs ago. They where not willing to budge there attitude was ' Take it or leave it'. I did not hesitate in leaving it. Horrible Horrible experience never ever again. If i thought it would do any good I would write to the director of legacy hotels and maybe suggest a customer service course which these guys are clearly lacking but whats the point, instead I just advise anyone travelling to Preston to avoid The Preston International like the plague and opt for the holiday Inn.... Daniel, SE25 ddawso@yahoo.co.uk.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo