All reviews pub next door phantom winger walk in shower short stay the pub double glazing plenty of parking easy access comfortable bed the ground floor good size tea coffee car park an overnight stay stayed here for one night lake district buffet breakfast
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Easy to find location and very friendly staff but my room had a filthy carpet and a stale smell. (Got used to it after a bit). I really don’t mind what state room is in but really value sleep & unfortunately had none. I could hear people snoring, doors, tvs, people coming & going, talking, laughing till past 2am and cars outside. Was similar to staying at a hostel not a hotel. The room became too hot yet then freezing cold during the night when I had to put on my day clothes to sleep in. The room radiator clearly is on some kind of hotel timer. I only slept a few hours from 4-6am when everyone else had finally settled only to be woken by others alarm clocks. Clearly the room is not soundproofed. It really sounded like I had windows and doors open. The provided ear plugs did little to reduce the noise which demonstrates how loud it was from this room. I should be returning in February but will look elsewhere. (1st floor above entrance).

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Glen A, Team Leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear daimonic,

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst I am pleased that you found the location easy to find and the team "very friendly", I am extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay, which appears to be down to noise disturbance. I am sorry that other guests have disturbed you during the night and prevented you from having a good nights sleep. The team are on duty 24 hours and will respond to any noise disturbances right away once they are aware. The heating in each room is controlled using the thermostat on the heater, no heaters are on timers, should the heater not provide adequate heat, we can always supply an extra heater at the reception.

I do hope you may give the hotel another chance, perhaps request a 3rd floor room, towards the end of the corridor, where you may find it quieter.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I stayed at this hotel and as I checked in, I requested a quiet room. An hour later I was greeted with a dog barking continuously. I was told that I would have to move, even though I requested a quiet room when I checked in. The staff, namely Glen, Turner the whole thing around and told me it was my fault.
I pointed out their '15 minute issue' to them, only to be told I'm not eligible for that as they had told me to move rooms.
I then met the GM from the hotel and she told me that the staff did not know who had an animal in the room !!!! Very poor, not knowing who was in the hotel and who had animals. Safety issue I think.
All in all the hotel staff di not care one little bit about me being disturbed by the dog, or by me having to move rooms.
I will not be using this hotel or any other ACCOR hotels ever again

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Glen A, Team Leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear philallen2018,

Thank you for your feedback. I am extremely disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. Once your brought the issue to our attention, we came to investigate and unfortunately couldn't hear any barking at that time. We were in the process of checking in which room the dog was in and as promised to you, we would speak to the owners and get them to resolve the dogs barking, it seemed to myself that you were still concerned that the dog may still continue to bark, so it was suggested that you could move rooms if you were still worried, at no point did I say you had to move rooms, so I am sorry if you got that impression. I did speak to the owners of the dog and they were ever so sorry, the dog didn't continue to bark after our discussion. The team do know everyone who is staying in the hotel however unfortunately on check in some guests fail to mention they have a pet until the check out. As you will see from previous reviews, the team are extremely helpful and do care about all our guests, we are sorry you didn't feel this way.

We are sorry to hear that you wont be using Accor hotels again.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

Hotel needs updating including soundproofing, clean carpets. Dogs howling in another room kept other family members awake. Staff are nice and helpful. Good location for us. Breakfast was dried out and poor, limited choices. Not anything like other Ibis I've stayed at. I expected similar standards as with Premier Inn.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Glen A, Team Leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear lynseyf2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Whilst I am pleased that you found the team "nice and helpful", I am disappointed that you did not have a more pleasent stay with us. Although the rooms have soundproofing unfortunately, it will not block out excessive noise completely. However, the team are always on hand to ask other guests to stop any noise disturbance and we can always provide alternative rooms if requested. I am extremely disappointed that you didn't enjoy the breakfast as this is usually an area we are highly praised. As a 2 star budget hotel, we offer cheaper rates than the 3 star Premiere Inns, which is why there is a slight difference in the two brands.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

I was really impressed by the warm and friendly welcome that I received at Ibis Preston North. I was visiting my brother and family over Christmas, and stayed at the Ibis Preston overnight. A Christmas card, a comfortable chair in my room, and a free drink as a Gold card member. I enjoyed my drink in the bar, and had a very pleasant breakfast the next morning. So good to have such a pleasant stay over Christmas!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear ric7holland,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am really pleased that you had such a pleasent stay. It was great to read that my team gave you such a "warm and friendly reception". It was a pleasure to have you stay with us over the festive period and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Glen and the Ibis Preston Team

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Back again to the Ibis Preston North, so clearly no complaints. Conveniently located just of junction 32 of the M6 (heading towards Blackpool keep to the left, down the slip road to the roundabout, turn left and then immediate left, and over the mini roundabout). It's a budget hotel, so functional rather than fancy - prices start at £33 per room, but we paid circa £46 for a double room on a Wednesday night. Perfectly comfortable with TV and tea/coffee making facilities. We opted for the very good £8.95 breakfast where you can help yourself to a full English and/or continental options. Room service is available, but as the hotel sits next door to the Phantom Winger pub, it's convenient and cheaper to dine here before retiring for the evening. Staff too are very friendly. If you are realistic in your expectations you won't be disappointed - I'll be back !

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Glen A, Team Leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2017

Dear Ste M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you we got to welcome you back again and its great to see that once again you enjoyed your stay with us. Its great to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and found my team "very friendly".

On behalf of all the team, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.