See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 12, 2015

This is a budget hotel, however, the decor, furniture, and well everything was dated, VERY dated, wood chip wallpaper, need I say more? Oh yes, avocado shared bathroom, toilet was cracked, disgusting shower tiles and grouting, needless to say we didn't use the shower, towels were new and clean but who puts towels into a shared bathroom, the room was big enough to have an en suite built in. Bed linen was clean, but nothing really matched, need Alex Polizzi to give it a going over. T.V. was out of the arc, I had taken my kindle to watch amazon prime, but no hdmi in the tv. Breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Plus side, lady phoned me a week or so before to make sure that we had the right sort of room cos I booked on line, i.e. double bed + single, not three singles
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank helen G
Reviewed March 3, 2015

I was recommended this B&B after struggling to find an averaged priced place to stay for my work at the local hospital via PALS service. The reviews looked average and the location was ideal because it is nine minutes from the hospital. It rates as a 3 star B&B and a single room with a shared on-suite is £28 per night. I was due to begin work again today at the hospital but forced to leave this B&B after arriving. I drove 135 miles across the lakes and set off at 15:30 and arrived around 18:00pm. The building from the outside looks like a period dwelling and has a beautiful apple blossom tree outside but I must be honest this appearance is anything but beautiful in the inside. Once, I walked into the reception area, the entrance had a very odd damp smell and the paintwork, carpet and whole staircase which leads straight from this area to the guest rooms, is very shabby. The carpet is worn, thin and unclean. The paintwork instantly reads a story of a desperate need of a lick of paint. I found the property owner from knocking to the next building, and she handed me the keys and asked if I would be needing breakfast, given my key and shown which floor my room was at.
On entering the room on a large landing, I was even more horrified once I opened the door and could smell the damp stale odour and the 'ancient' awful room. The television worked, although it was very dated. The radiator was a huge large thing taking up the bedroom wall. It was turned off. The curtains were covered in 1970's flowers and clearly never brought up to date. The sink unit in the room was a lime green 1960's unit with old taps. The carpet was thin. I glanced closer to the sink unit and saw wiring box which I am assuming was installed in 1960's, I have never ever seen such an awful room. The smell was over bearing. I am a single female, expecting a clean, modern room, sadly I leave because there is no way I can sleep with a damn smell in the room. Truly awful !!!!

Room Tip: Sorry I cannot recommend
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Samantha00001
Reviewed February 5, 2015

Excellent service from staff. Nothing was too much to ask, very accommodating, very homely.
Perfect clean, big and airy rooms, clean bathroom and brewing up facilities. Have just booked our THIRD stay here.
Will definitely be booking more!

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed February 5, 2015

we shared a 4 bed room as went up for a funeral very good value for money 70 pounds for all plus breakfast and was well worth it all local pubs great and close to docks would stay again if that way lady was lovely so helpful nothing was to much trouble

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2014

I entered this hotel with some trepidation having booked online before reading the reviews on tripadvisor. To my pleasant surprise the room turned out to be better than I had expected. The double bed was comfy and clean. The furniture although somewhat dated was serviceable, The shared bathroom was clean and the shower worked fine. At £28 per night and as a budget hotel which included a cooked breakfast, what more can you expect at that price? Note to other reviewers .. get real!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business