See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

So I'm sat here in room one at half 6 in the morning fuming! My 5 month old baby woke me up at 4 o clock and when I went to settle him I realised he was freezing... the heating wasn't on... to make things worse I dropped my phone and got a sewing needle stuck in my finger! Add to this the guests down the hall who ate clearly on some sort of drug I must say this is possibly my worst stay in a b+b, and I stop in different ones weekly!! Thank god my son is too young to crawl or it could have been him getting the needle stuck...

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

Good value for dollar - Mrs Callaghan has been a fantastic host, welcoming, attentive and kind. You get what you pay for here. Tidy rooms, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Don't expect Hilton service. Overall worth the money. Would come back.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2015 via mobile

Stayed one week but will not go another time. Entrance from side door dimly lit (often no light). Sheets of one bed with stains. Clean towels not provided every day and was very rude when we asked for others. (If they are not changed eveyday we should have been informed about it beforehand). Owner not present most of the days - kitchen and utensils not clean. Old tv with few channels. Smelly and damp room.
Good wifi.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Marica C
Reviewed August 31, 2015

Got to hotel no one there they were at other hotel. With my friend and 2 children no help carryin 3 suitcases and a big bag while carrying one of the children the gentleman just turned around and went bk in 2 a room. Go in room and dust everywhere the tv unit you could run your finger along it, lampshade disgusting, bedside lamp not even on properly, broken mirror, smelt like am old people's home, from the single bed couldn't see tv, kettle disgusting black stuff in bottom but worst of all the shower wz dirty good job I had antibacterial wipes but still didn't want to get in it. The bathroom window was not frosted just a net over it! No bin bag in bathroom, no hairdryer in room.
Having being told saturday morning was continental when my friend and I went downstairs we expected more than toast, cereal and fruit. Open the draw to find cutlery and food all dropped in there and who knows how long the cereal had been there only one side of toaster worked and that burnt the toast needless to say we did stay for breakfast the next day.
When spoke to owner she was oblivious to it all but the room hadnt just not been cleaned once that amount of dust is a long time. She said it is a budget hotel and we werent expecting 5 star but basic cleanliness is a must

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2015

I stayed here early March with my sister pending an operation and was due to stay for 2 nights. We arrived around 20:30 which was agreed by the Guest House. What my sister found surprising was we had to pay upfront. did that, shown to our twin room (one single, one double) which was next to the shared bathroom. Room was dated but that was to be expected. Looked around the bathroom which again was dated but what I did find was the hand towel was dirty. Full of stains which i didn’t find too sanitary. Possibly an improvement would be to use paper towels instead?
My sister slept in the double bed with me because the single was ever so creaky. It took us both a long time to get some sleep as there were constant noises like pipes rustling and people moving which in a way is to be expected as it is such an old house but we did not have the best night sleep. In the morning i showered which was a powerful, hot shower but couldn’t help feel on edge as it was shared bathroom and i didn’t want to use it for too long and I felt uncomfortable.
To our horror when we made the bed, we found BLOOD STAINS and what appeared to be EARWAX on the quilt. We figured as we arrived so late and the room was very dim so we didn’t see this stains beforehand, as we would have never stayed if we found these earlier.
Also, what I found odd was the owner had said that the breakfast was to be served in weekend timings, even though this would be a Monday Morning? This did not fit it with us as we had to be at the hospital for 0800. Granted I couldn’t eat or drink but one of the main reasons I booked was so my sister could have a decent breakfast. The owner did say she would leave cereal out for her but that does not warrant a bed and breakfast for the £40 price in my opinion, even thought we did appreciate the effort being made to give her something.
When checking out, my sister did mention all of the above and the owner did refund us the night that we would not be staying but did not refund us for the night previously. I think that is unacceptable due to all of the above but for the sake of £40 we decided there was no point arguing. You get what you pay for but basic standards of hygiene I think were missed and we must have had a very old room as looking at the pictures our room looked nothing like it!
We would not stay here again, and I have stayed in B&Bs that were much cheaper but were at the very most clean! However, the owner was pleasant, but I am very disappointed as I did except a better level of customer service due to the many issues we faced.
We then stayed at the IBIS which was perfect! Super clean, modern and only £20 more for the night.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family