See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to stay for a reasonable price for a weekend in Preston to celebrate a birthday. £40 a night with breakfast included. The rooms are really big so we had loads of space to chill, get ready, socialise before going to preston. Morrisons is just down the road so that helped too, including the mcds and KFC. The owner was absolutely lovely!!! Also willing to let us stay longer when we needed.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophie Jane H
Reviewed December 3, 2016

I could immediately see why some reviewers have slated this place, but honestly, lets put this in perspective! I paid £60 for a family room with a double bed and 2 single beds, en-suite bathroom and proper cooked breakfast. At that price I wasn't expecting the Holiday Inn, so I rated it as I found it. Yes it's very dated, yes it could be cleaner and so on BUT the beds were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, the WiFi worked perfectly and the owner was very pleasant. The whole place needs a makeover but I'm sure the prices would double, so the old adage "You pays yer money and you takes yer choice'' Pointless expecting a palace for such low prices.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

Booked in for 2 nights. I read the reviews before booking and was apprehensive about our visit. This guest house is not The Ritz, it's quite dated but we had a very warm welcome. We had an en-suite family room and it had everything we needed. It was clean, very roomy and beds very comfortable. Great location, no road noise. Only downside was the breakfast - small portions. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2016

The host is very friendly and accommodating! Had to stay here for several days, and it was a better experience than I initially expected. Not a luxury stay, but for a cozy bed and breakfast, it does well. There are a number of parks and food places nearby, and the City Center is only a short ride away.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

We arrived here to see the rooms were nothing like them shown on the brochure or booking.com they were dirty smelt musty and damp and when we stated this the owner was rude and dismissive ! The front was over grown n it was a shared bathroom not en suite as stated !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family